How was opening day

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, Itchy Coyote, duckbumm, duck slayR

How was opening day

Postby PharmD10 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:43 pm

Just going to see how opening day was for everyone. I hunt in Clarksville, TN, and we didnt do too well. Only ONE gadwall and thats it. Saw a few flocks of other big ducks, but they seemed to be locals that didnt want to work.
PharmD10
hunter

Postby quackkiller » Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:19 pm

Went saturday morning, saw tons of ducks, alot were high migrators goin up and down the mississippi. We only got 3 but that due to bad decoys placement. They kept landin about 60 yards from the dekes. we moved over there and got 3 (wood duck, hooded merganser, and a greenhead) We would have had 2 limits if we had been where the ducks wanted to be. Didn't make it out Sunday due to work. With the numbers of birds I saw this early in the season I think this may be a pretty good year.
quackkiller
hunter

got some good work in, but no shootin

Postby CHOCLATE » Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:15 pm

MAN FINALLY GOT OUT ON THE WATER! DEER HUNTED ALL WEEKEND AND GOT SOME TIME SUNDAY EVENING, SO ME AND THE DOG AND A COUPLE OF BUDDIES HIT THE WATER- GOT OUT EARLY SET UP A GOOD SPREAD AND WAS ABLE TO WORK THE DOG SOME- SO WE DID ALOT OF SITTING AND CATCHING UP ON OLD TIMES- HAD SOME DIVERS FLOT IN ON US, AND LATE IN THE EVENING WE HAD A GOOD FLOCK OF MALLARDS ON THE MOVE ACROSS THE CHANNEL FLY BY= WE HIT THE CALLS BUT NO SUCCESS- BUT MAN IT WAS GREAT TO BE OUT THERE AND BE BLESSED WITH ANOTHER DUCK SEASON
CHOCLATE
Newb

Postby quackkiller » Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:00 pm

I hear ya man, I've been waiting for this weekend for so long. Now I'm all pumped up and ready to go for next Saturday! :salude:
quackkiller
hunter

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting