Reelfoot lake

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, duckbumm, duck slayR, Itchy Coyote

Reelfoot lake

Postby augustacop » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:16 pm

I was wondering if anyone knew the rules for hunting at ReelFoot Lake. I live in Maine but my grandmother lives in Tremble Tn, I was thinking about planning a vist during the duck season. I have been looking online and found several guides. I'm not into paying $200 a day if I can help it. Any help?
augustacop
hunter

Postby TennesseeNW » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:07 pm

There's only 3 ways to get a good blind on Reelfoot. 1.Know someone who has a good blind in their name. 2.Get one of very few good draw blinds. 3. Get a guide.

if i were you i'd ask my grandmother if she knew anyone that could hook you up with a "buddy" hunt.
TennesseeNW
hunter

Postby augustacop » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:30 pm

are private boat blinds legal?
augustacop
hunter

Postby UT Greenhead » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:59 pm

Yes, but I would suggest not even messing with the (insert expletive here) rednecks that stomp around Reelfoot. You should speak with your Grandmother as one has already said or get a guide as one has already said. Most rednecks that hunt Reelfoot don't even have license plates on their vehicles. So if they sink someone in the lake there will be no way anyone can get their tags at the landing. If there's any place I avoid during hunting season.........it's Reelfoot.

Good Luck,
UTG
“You can agree with me or you can be wrong!”
UT Greenhead
hunter

True and not true

Postby dyersburgducks » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:50 pm

UT Greenhead is partially right. There are some crazy mothers at Reelfoot. But... if you are courageous enough you can hunt a blind that is not occupied. It is the law that if there is no one in a blind at shooting light it is open game for anyone. Period. You may run into some jacko who tries to run you out. But you can find blinds that do not have anyone in them. If you do it is yours.
dyersburgducks
Newb

Postby UT Greenhead » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:17 am

Personally, I'd rather stick my head in the toilet and take a deep breath! :toofunny:
“You can agree with me or you can be wrong!”
UT Greenhead
hunter

Re: True and not true

Postby Itchy Coyote » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:00 am

This is true if you are there and the sun come up and someone comes along and tells you that it is there blind you can do a few thing.

1. Leave (but by law it is yours until 3:00

2. If it is just one or 2 ask them to hunt with you.

3. Stand your ground. But before you try this have a good cell phone get the local TWRA # ( not that he will come out there)

4. Make you trip after the first week or 2. After that you can find one no one is in.

5. Or you can hunt out of a boat you must be 250 yards from any blind. and there’s a few good spots here and there for this.

I have paid for a hunt just to find out what was what. These guys try to make a hard living off of the lake they make big $$$$ just for duck hunting. When I was there it came down to where we had ducks flying in and the guy next to us would try to get them and it end up shooting at each other. This was fun. At about 300 yards we make a lot of noise but did do much more. I had maps and GPS and had it marked out as to where the blinds were and found a spot as to where I was right in the center of 3 blinds and knew I was right after a few kills I had some one cam over and tell me I was in a spot I wasn't to be. I told him I was hunting here and pulled out my map and GPS. I told him by law I could hunt here and after him yelling another few mins I pulled out my cell phone and told him I would call TWRA and asked him for his blind # and then he when off.

Just know the law and play by the books stick to your guns and I mean keep it handy.

What they said in other post make it look bad and it can be but you still can hunt there just hunt in the middle of the week.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

www.itchyoutdoors.com

catch me if you can
Itchy Coyote
State Moderator

Postby TennesseeNW » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:47 pm

Season starts in 2 and a half weeks. There are some grey ducks on the lake.
TennesseeNW
hunter

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting