New to middle Tn.... looking to hunt

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, duckbumm, duck slayR, Itchy Coyote

New to middle Tn.... looking to hunt

Postby mcn22 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:33 am

Hey guys,

Well, I've been in the Nashville area for a couple weeks now and am really enjoying it. I just moved from Kansas where I lived all my life and absolutely love waterfowl hunting....problem is that it looks like the season is right around the corner here in TN and I have no one to hunt with. I am also very unfamiliar with the area.

If anyone needs a hunting partner or an extra guy in the group, PLEASE let me know. I can't wait to meet some fellow hunters around here!

I've got decoys, calls, and a laydown blind.
ducks = 2 dozen floaters, 1 mojo
geese = just under 4 dozen (GHG fullbodies, G&H shells, Realgeese silos)

One of my fav spots back home (3-man limit)......
[img][img]http://www.imageload.co.uk/image_1017.jpg[/img][/img]
mcn22
hunter

Postby CALLEMQUACKTN » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:16 pm

Welcome to Middle Tn!
You might try hunting Cheathem lake. There alot of blinds there & it is pretty close to Nashville. Blinds are drawn for over there but you can hop a blind if the card holder does not show up to hunt.

I am going to send you a pm on some info.
CALLEMQUACKTN
hunter

Postby Lefty » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:48 pm

Hey man I live in Mt. Juliet and hunt Lock Five and Old Hickory lake around the middle of the lake. My brother and other hunting partner has to work during the week so we might have some open spots during the week if you can hunt then.
Lefty
hunter

Postby Riverjumper » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:12 am

Whats up Man! I just moved out of KS to AZ and I am moving to Davidson County next May. I am convinced that KS is by far the best all around hunting state. You were apart of that 80doz deek goose hunt in sterling, right? I miss those days, its been in the upper 80's here lately. I'll remember to look you up when I am out in Tenn, you will be an expert on that area by next season!
Riverjumper
hunter

Postby mcn22 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:40 pm

Hey riverjumper! Yes, I was a part of that huge hunt we had last year....that trip was very memorable. Met a bunch of cool guys, and the number of geese we saw was rediculous! I haven't seen that many geese using 1 field in my lifetime.

Where is Davidson Co. at? I just got here 3 weeks ago, and basically know nothing about this area yet. If its here in TN, make sure to keep in contact with me. We can do some serious hunting together next season!

:salude:
mcn22
hunter

Postby SLIM » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:42 pm

mcn22,

Hey man. I hunt with Lefty and 2 other fellas. To echo what he said, you're welcome to hop with us during the week if you'd like. We can break you in you to Old Hickory with the best of them.
"A good duck call is like a good woman. Happy is the man that finds both on his short stay on Earth."

- "Duck Commander", Phil Robertson -
SLIM
hunter

Postby mcn22 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:37 pm

Hey Slim,

Thanks for the kind words. I have been sharing emails with lefty......I think I will be joining you guys this season whenever possible. Thanks!

:salude:
mcn22
hunter

Postby SLIM » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:18 am

Good deal. Hope to see you in the blind with us someday.
"A good duck call is like a good woman. Happy is the man that finds both on his short stay on Earth."

- "Duck Commander", Phil Robertson -
SLIM
hunter

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting