New to MidTN - Have duck boat - Need advice about locations

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, duckbumm, duck slayR, Itchy Coyote

New to MidTN - Have duck boat - Need advice about locations

Postby MemphisDOG » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:27 pm

Hello,

Originally from Memphis, I just moved to Nashville after being up north for 3 years. I have 16 ft boat with a blind and everything I need except a place to hunt. I have read about the TN river at Big Sandy and Camden, Old Hickory, Cheatam Lake, and a few other places. I was told that you cannot hunt Old Hickory in a boat blind unless you got a draw. Unfortunately, I missed the draw. Is that the case?

I am looking for someone to give me advice or show me the ropes in the local area. I have a dog, decoys, etc; I just need some direction.

Anything is appreciated - Thanks
MemphisDOG
Newb

Postby PharmD10 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:23 pm

My post is a little late, but I'd be willing to give you some pointers on hunting cheatam lake since I've hunted there the past several years. I just moved to memphis so maybe I could get you to give me some info on hunting here. PM me if you still want info
PharmD10
hunter

Postby mollyworker » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:46 am

There are several temporary stakes at Old Hickory (above 109 Bridge) that are first come, firts served. Unit III is also a decent spot. Do some scouting and find the ducks.Go back and set upfor them. There are VERY few peoplethat hunt either place!
mollyworker
hunter

Postby MemphisDOG » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:47 am

Thanks for the replies. We drew a blind on Old Hickory this year, so we have a spot to go. Whether the hunting will be great is still left to be determined.
MemphisDOG
Newb

Postby mollyworker » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:01 pm

MemphisDOG wrote:Thanks for the replies. We drew a blind on Old Hickory this year, so we have a spot to go. Whether the hunting will be great is still left to be determined.
Which blind in which unit (unit 1 or 2).
mollyworker
hunter

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting