Hunting in or around Jackson Tn.?

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, duckbumm, duck slayR, Itchy Coyote

Hunting in or around Jackson Tn.?

Postby Lefty » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:39 am

Hey i was just wondering if there are any Ducks in or around Jackson Tn. yet?
Lefty
hunter

Postby pearsonqb8 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:41 pm

Well I lived in Jackson for 22 years and am now in dental school in Memphis. I have hunted every piece of public land within a fifty mile radius. There used to be an excellent place to hunt off 412 highway on the way to Bells, It was only hunted on mon wed sat and it took a lot of work to get into but I had dozens of awesome days out there over the course of 5-6 years. You can still hunt it but unbeleivably the TWRA can in last year and bulldozed all of the levees so now it doesnt hold much water at all. However there are still ducks out there you just have to battle an unbeleivable crowd and it is a really big hassle. Now you can only hunt it on sat sun (packed w weekend warriors). This place is called south fork waterfowl refuge and it was awesome before it was raped of all its water, but it is still worth checking out for you. Also check out Beech wetland area and Tigrett bottoms.
pearsonqb8
hunter

Postby Lefty » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:31 pm

Thanks for the update but one of my hunting partners has a private place in Jackson and we are going up there in two weeks and i was just wondering if the refuges where holding any ducks? Maybe the weather will push some down!
Lefty
hunter

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting