SCAMMER!!!!!!!!

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, duckbumm, duck slayR, Itchy Coyote

SCAMMER!!!!!!!!

Postby kyduckhunter08 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:45 pm

guy by name of tyler burress has a ad on cragislist for leases in the obion bottom area for low prices swearing 750 birds killed on it! said will not sign lease agreement just paying to say you have permission to hunt and way he talks it is state property!! anyone heard of this??
Duckjunkies field staff
kyduckhunter08
hunter

Re: SCAMMER!!!!!!!!

Postby d_hunter12 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:09 am

I hunted with Tyler last year on Reelfoot. Leading up to the hunt he told me that we would be hunting a pit blind bordering a refuge. Sounded great to me. Said he would reserve a room for me at the Eagles Nest Resort. Sounded even better. I get to town late on Friday night and find out the resort is closed. I call him, he's dumbfounded. Call the lady that runs the place to come open up and get my room key. She's never heard of this yahoo. That's strike 1. Meet him the next morning. He's 30 mins late. Said we're going on the lake. I asked him about the pit. Somebody else is hunting it. That's strike 2. We get in a blind after waiting around for 45 mins at the boat ramp. Very little shooting. He has an 18 year old and a 16 year old "helping". They decide to switch blinds. We get in another blind and kill 4 ducks between 6 people. I'm fine with that. That's why it's called hunting not killing right? Strike 3 for me was when he refused to go get the birds on the water. Like it wasn't his job. Very unprofessional "guide". Will not be back with him. We left the blind at 12 because he had something else to do. Then he has the audacity to call me while I'm headed home and ask me about joining his lease next year for $1500. I don't think so. I'd stay away from him if I were you and warn all others to do the same
d_hunter12
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:15 pm

never met the boy, but that seems to be the common theme.. he does not know what he is doing.. google does not turn up much..

sorry ya'll had crappy experiences.. sadly, its starting to become more common..
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:20 am

possumfoot wrote:never met the boy, but that seems to be the common theme.. he does not know what he is doing.. google does not turn up much..

sorry ya'll had crappy experiences.. sadly, its starting to become more common..

Yea, seems to be the theme everywhere. Really gives a bad name to all guides.
teddysberna wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:Did you get his autograph?

I thought about getting him to sign my cleavage, but decided against it at the last moment.
Westtennduckhunter
hunter

Postby rrconductor » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:59 pm

I got stood up at Reelfoot in Jan 2013, if you look on TNducks, you can read about it, but I disagree about giving all guides a bad name.

The guide that we ended up hunting with was very helpful and very accomadating as was everyone we met in Tiptonville and around Reelfoot.

We are returning again in Jan for 5 days hunting.

The guide I had sent deposits to still owes me $1350, and will not take my calls, after saying in Feb he was sending me my money back.

If Possumfoot on here is the same as TNducks he knows who I am referring to.
rrconductor
hunter

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:02 pm

rrconductor wrote:I got stood up at Reelfoot in Jan 2013, if you look on TNducks, you can read about it, but I disagree about giving all guides a bad name.

The guide that we ended up hunting with was very helpful and very accomadating as was everyone we met in Tiptonville and around Reelfoot.

The guide I had sent deposits to still owes me $1350, and will not take my calls, after saying in Feb he was sending me my money back.

I wasn't saying that all guides suck. Just people like that give them a bad rep. I also do some small guiding with a guy in Arkansas.
teddysberna wrote:

I thought about getting him to sign my cleavage, but decided against it at the last moment.
Westtennduckhunter
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:26 pm

rrconductor wrote:I got stood up at Reelfoot in Jan 2013, if you look on TNducks, you can read about it, but I disagree about giving all guides a bad name.

yep same guy.. :thumbsup: i can't remember who it was you went with though.. (well, payed to go with)

ya'll are the group the seals ended up taking out if i remember.. they are some good folks..
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Postby rrconductor » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:36 am

Westtennduckhunter wrote:

I wasn't saying that all guides suck. Just people like that give them a bad rep. I also do some small guiding with a guy in Arkansas.

I didn't think you were saying all are bad, I just don't want people to think all are bad. All we met at the landing last season were very upset about what had taken place and very helpful. It doesn't take but one bad apple to taint the basket in some people's mind and that is not the case at Reelfoot, I think the majority are great guys.
the guy we booked with had good recs from the people I called, but now I know who to call when I want to go, which I hope will be often.
rrconductor
hunter

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:52 am

rrconductor wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:

I didn't think you were saying all are bad, I just don't want people to think all are bad. All we met at the landing last season were very upset about what had taken place and very helpful. It doesn't take but one bad apple to taint the basket in some people's mind and that is not the case at Reelfoot, I think the majority are great guys.
the guy we booked with had good recs from the people I called, but now I know who to call when I want to go, which I hope will be often.

Gotcha now. Glad everything worked out.
teddysberna wrote:

Westtennduckhunter
hunter

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting