Need an update on Reelfoot

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, Itchy Coyote, duckbumm, duck slayR

Need an update on Reelfoot

Postby d_hunter12 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:53 am

Anyone up around Reelfoot seeing any birds? I'm hunting opening weekend and would kinda like to know how many shells to bring.
d_hunter12
hunter

Re: Need an update on Reelfoot

Postby possumfoot » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:21 pm

birds are concentrated in a few places.. TWRA was out today looking for bait.. from what i am hearing there may be a couple areas that get red flagged.. migration is way behind by all accounts.. grassy is holding some birds, but other than that not much to see, mud basin and long point are not holding much.. i don't even know as the great american coot shoot will even take place this year as i have seen all of 3 coots.. alot can still happen in a week though..
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Postby d_hunter12 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:31 pm

I'm gonna be in Little Ronaldson Slough. Reckon they'll be any activity there in a week?
d_hunter12
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:23 am

probably.. little ronaldson is tought to access.. that will keep birds from getting pushed out. i would not expect a barn burner, but you should kill several birds.. from what i have been told, there are not many birds right in that specific area, but alot will change when people get to running around scouting and pushing birds..

and ofcourse i am not going to post in an open forum where the birds are, as there are only a couple of concentrations that i would say are huntable..
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Postby d_hunter12 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:15 am

Understandable. I appreciate the info though.
d_hunter12
hunter

Postby tfranzini » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:11 pm

Heading down to reelfoot in a week, any updates would be much appreciated.
tfranzini
Newb

Postby sabre210 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:56 am

I'm gonna attempt to pile on this thread:

Hoping to get down there at the end of this upcoming week (1/24-1/26)... Not attempting to 'internet scout', just want to save myself the time and $ associated with making the trip if its gonna be a bust...I have been monitoring the weather forecast, and I know that nobody has a crystal ball, so I'm not trying to come off as condescending, but I was hoping for some insight as to the open water/duck population situation on RF.

As silly as it sounds, my season has been full of misfortune and "wrong place, wrong time", so I'm in need of some late season "redemption." I know things have been froze up pretty tight in many parts south, so I'm worried about adding a new chapter to the nightmare I've been living...

If there's open water and even a chance for getting on some birds, I'm gonna roll the dice for a shot at that "redemption," just don't know if I can take another gut punch at this point...

Any intel would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!
sabre210
hunter

Postby d_hunter12 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:05 pm

sabre210 wrote:I'm gonna attempt to pile on this thread:

Hoping to get down there at the end of this upcoming week (1/24-1/26)... Not attempting to 'internet scout', just want to save myself the time and $ associated with making the trip if its gonna be a bust...I have been monitoring the weather forecast, and I know that nobody has a crystal ball, so I'm not trying to come off as condescending, but I was hoping for some insight as to the open water/duck population situation on RF.

As silly as it sounds, my season has been full of misfortune and "wrong place, wrong time", so I'm in need of some late season "redemption." I know things have been froze up pretty tight in many parts south, so I'm worried about adding a new chapter to the nightmare I've been living...

If there's open water and even a chance for getting on some birds, I'm gonna roll the dice for a shot at that "redemption," just don't know if I can take another gut punch at this point...

Any intel would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

I was up there last weekend. We did ok but not great. Still quite a bit of ice then but there were tons of birds. Bad part was that they were all on the refuges. But they are there. Good luck with your trip. I hope to make it back up there that same weekend also.
d_hunter12
hunter

Postby sabre210 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:25 am

Thanks for the update d_hunter12. Heading down Thursday. Open water and a few reports of ducks was all I needed to hear!
sabre210
hunter

Postby d_hunter12 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:31 pm

Good luck to you. Just my opinion but I would try to be up around Gray's Camp. That seems to be where I hear most of the shooting.
d_hunter12
hunter

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting