Where are the Ducks?!

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, duckbumm, duck slayR, Itchy Coyote

Where are the Ducks?!

Postby cfaulk33 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:52 pm

Anyone else asking this same question? I hunt over in West TN and every since all the ice storm talk ive been thinking how great duck hunting will be this year bc they will be pushed down early... yet to see the numbers i was thinking would be here, even half of them. Most the guys ive talked to have said the same thing ducks just arent here. Is it like that where you guys are hunting?
Last edited by cfaulk33 on Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
cfaulk33
hunter

Re: Where are they Ducks?!

Postby PhlyPhisher » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:21 pm

Not in West TN for sure! I live along the Wolf River and have watched good numbers of ducks in November and the first week of December, now they have disappeared. I hunt the Lower Hatchie near the Miss River and the Refuge and was seeing a some pretty good numbers (even killing a few) until the last week. This morning I hunted from sunup until 10AM on the Hatchie and only saw one wood duck! Not even the geese were flying like usual.
PhlyPhisher
Newb

Re: Where are the Ducks?!

Postby Preacher1011 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:37 pm

I was at Reelfoot last weekend and saw a ton of ducks. Granted, I usually hunt in East TN, so a ton of ducks to me may be few to you. We shot at least 20 ducks every day.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Re: Where are the Ducks?!

Postby possumfoot » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:24 pm

we killed most of em, but what we didn't left with the full moon.. went to the bottoms and new water.
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting