Goose Huntin In Arkansas

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, Itchy Coyote, duckbumm, duck slayR

Goose Huntin In Arkansas

Postby dukhuntr22 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:07 am

I was wanting to go for the late snow goose hunt this year and I was wondering if anybody has went before, if so any details that would be helpful would be greatly appreciated.
dukhuntr22
Newb

Postby dgquail » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:50 am

I went a couple of years ago (two or three I think). I have a friend who was in a lease near Earle. We hooked up with the farmer's son who my friend had his lease with, we planned on putting out hundreds of rags, electronic callers, ready for the whole show. The farmers son said we can do that, sit in a spread all morning, and watch geese or we can go ride, find them and "wack and stack some sky carp". We did it his way, there were 5 of us, we rode, found geese stacked in a field, got permission from the landowner, pulled a sneak next to the levee. We pounded the geese. We did this several times. When the day was done we killed 154.
dgquail
hunter

Postby dukhuntr22 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:01 pm

How did you find out who owned the land? I've heard something that if there isn't something at the entrance of the field that says no hunting or something like that the field is fair game but I don't know if that is true.
dukhuntr22
Newb

Postby dgquail » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:29 pm

The local farmers son, apparantly knew who owned the land. He was with us, the owners house was across the road from the field of geese. The local farmers son went across the street and asked permission. There were other people out riding for geese just like us, if you see a field with geese piling in, there is gonna be another truck or two watching, probably planning a sneak. Stop and ask them if they are gonna shoot the geese, ask if you can with them. We hooked up with another group in this same manner. As for posted fields, I am not sure about posted signs. I know Missouri has the purple paint law, which is instead of signs a purple ring is painted around fence posts, telephone poles and whatever else. So if you see purple paint, go somewhere else!!
dgquail
hunter

Postby dukhuntr22 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:17 pm

Thanks for the info, m'i going to try to get the boys together this weekend and see if we can't kill a few.
dukhuntr22
Newb

Postby dgquail » Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:53 pm

Do me a favor and shoot one in the face for me!!!
dgquail
hunter

Postby duck hunter cam » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:10 pm

I go a lot....got a whole bunch last saturday.
It's only sky busting if u miss.
duck hunter cam
hunter

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting