Ft Campbell help

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, duckbumm, duck slayR, Itchy Coyote

Ft Campbell help

Postby Waldoo » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:28 am

I am in the Army and going to be moving to Ft Campbell in February. I am a diehard waterfowl addict and was wondering if anyone could suggest any hunting areas in that area. I have a 14' flatbottom with a 9.9 on it. Have 1 dz canada floaters, 6 dz puddler floaters, 6 dozen diver floaters and lab.

Any other advice or guidance about that area? Do I have to worry about poisonous snakes or any issues using a dog? Any unusual laws or restictions? Any help would be appreciated.
2013 - 2014
Turkey - 2
Dove - 37
Blue Wing - 117
Green Wing - 22
Redhead - 5
Shoveler - 8
Pintail - 8
Mallard - 1
Gadwall - 5
Ringneck - 1
Hooded Merganser - 1
Waldoo
hunter

Postby Itchy Coyote » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:55 pm

I saw your post when you frist posted it and was hopeing some one would help. I have gone up there once to deer hunt and the next day they lost a few guns out of a Chopper and they close the hold place down and we went home and I never went back. So I can't help much but would help you find more if you like.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

www.itchyoutdoors.com

catch me if you can
Itchy Coyote
State Moderator

Postby mollyworker » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:36 pm

Chetham Lake WMA, Haynes Bottom WMA, Lake Barkley (dover), Bear Creek WMA are all close to Ft. Campbell. Ft. Campbell also has a few lakes. Not sure how good duck hunting is there thoiugh. You equipment sounds OK. No problem with dogs. Only unusual requlations can be gleamed from TWRA Waterfolw Guide (WMA stop shooting times, hunting out of or in blinds, temprary blinds etc.) I doubt you'll have another season here like your last UNLESS you go to Reefoot Lake in NW Tennessee about 2 hours from Ft. Campbell.
mollyworker
hunter

Postby jowayen@yahoo.com » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:03 pm

With that kind of spread I would scout the Lake Barkley side of LBL or the east bays on Kentucky Lake on the Kentucky side of the border. Lots of gadwalls, teal, few mallards and some Canada geese. There's action there when everything else freezes. I've fished on-post but never hunted. We always saw ducks on Lake Tahl.
jowayen@yahoo.com
hunter

Postby vmivol » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:13 pm

Although this is an old post... You are in excellent country may man. I am from W TN and am at FT Knox now. I know many Soldiers who said hunting at Campbell is excellent. When I was a kid we would hunt Kentucky and Barkley Lakes -incidentally, I heard they were slaying 'em there this year. Also, check with hunt control on Post, they may be able to get you a KY license. If so call Wendell Ford Training area near central city they can help you. Pebody WMA in Central City KY was also very HOT!!! this year.
vmivol
hunter

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting