Rookie duck hunter close to Nashville

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, duckbumm, duck slayR, Itchy Coyote

Rookie duck hunter close to Nashville

Postby zekerd » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:01 pm

Hey guys! This may be a little bit late but just found the site. I have been hunting all of my life but have been in the Nashville area for about 10 years. I have always wanted to get started in duck hunting because I love wing shooting. I have mainly just tried the wade in areas at Cheatam last year in January. I live in Lebanon and intend to try and draw for a blind on Old Hickory tomorrow. We will see how my luck goes. I dont have definate access to a boat yet or a dog, again yet. Are the Old Hickory blinds pretty accesible, by foot or waders and can you retrieve with waders if the aim is good? I have only tried the drawing one other time at Cheatam a couple of years ago withno success. Any help or an opportunity to make some new friends would be welcome. I am an Crimson Tide fan though I came by it honest living down there for 27 years. Don't hold that against me.
zekerd
Newb

Postby DeadDuck » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:23 pm

Hey man. E-mail me with your phone number and maybee we can work something out. I am in a similar position, except I am not a rookie. E-mail me tonight and I will call you right back. I would rather post my e-mail than my cell number, Eah. Talk to you then.

dmurphy@solomonbuilders.com
DeadDuck
hunter

Fellow semi-rookie

Postby tronjd » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:28 pm

I wish I had seen your post last night. I'm newer to the Nashville area and have been only been here a year. Been duck hunting 3 seasons now down in Georgia near Augusta. I have a boat and all the equipment you could need (just ask my wife) except a duck dog. I went to the blind draw and got a blind all to my own. reply here with your contact info or email me at meanestlawyer@gmail.com. I'm a Gamecocks fan.
tronjd
Newb

Postby nashvilleduckslayer » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:51 pm

hey , i have been hunting cheatam for several years now. and it seems last year i lived on it. and i am here to tell you that all the wade in areas around cheatam are not created equal. you said you hunted the wade in area in january. i dont know if you gad anyluck but in my personal opinion january is a little to late to hunt the wade ins . the wade ins are usually only good for the fist two to three weeks after the season opens. and i have one spot that probably produced more ducks than any blind the first week of the season last year. after that i usually hop blinds but anyway if you want we can hook up this season and drop a few email is jcart07@hotmail.com
nashvilleduckslayer
hunter

You got mail!

Postby zekerd » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:46 pm

Tronjd and NDSlayer, I sent you both PM's. Good to meet both of you and hope to see you this season.
zekerd
Newb

Postby mollyworker » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:21 pm

Great.Good to see guys hookinmg up here rather than fussing and fighting like I've seen other places on the internet. Any of you drop me a PM. I've been duck hunting for over 30 years at Old Hickory.
mollyworker
hunter

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting