HUNTING IN MIDDLE TN.

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, duckbumm, Itchy Coyote, duck slayR

HUNTING IN MIDDLE TN.

Postby CALLEMQUACKTN » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:13 pm

Have any of yall done any hunting in middle TN ? how about you frazier2209 ? I have been looking for someone to hunt Woods Resivor with. It is in AEDC. I would be glad to hunt any where in TN. I just love getting out & hunting. :smile:
CALLEMQUACKTN
hunter

Postby frazier2209 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:08 pm

i have some thoughts of my own for you. The first weekend of August, you go over to the fairgrounds for the blind drawings. There are about 40 blinds on Woods and there were 400+ people there last year for the drawing. Luckily we got drawn for two blinds. #38 and #20. We were there almost every weekend during the early part of the season. The birds just aren't there. There is no food or good cover for them. On opening day we killed 1 gadwall. On Sunday after that we killed a drake wood duck. Later all we killed was a banded goose. The blinds are so close together, whenever any birds can be seen, even if they are waaaaaay up there, everybody and their brother is doing a hail call. If you just sit back and don't call, it usually works best, and you get a good chuckle from listening to the other guys. We have hunted there the past 3 years, but won't be back anymore. It just isn't that good when we can drive 1 hour to AL and have tons more birds, as well as a wide variety of species.
frazier2209
hunter

Postby CALLEMQUACKTN » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:42 am

I have only hunted there about 4 times. I was only able to hunt from blinds that nobody was in & could be gotten to with a canoe. I talked to some guys that got drawn for blind #5 I think. It is the only blind on a little island. they said that they had killed 57 ducks & 3 banded geese by christmas. I think on that side of the lake there is less blinds & they are spaced far apart. Would that make a diffrence? Thanks for the imfo. Do you know of any other good places in middle Tn?
CALLEMQUACKTN
hunter

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting