Tigrett/Moss Island WMA

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, duckbumm, duck slayR, Itchy Coyote

Tigrett/Moss Island WMA

Postby aroe3 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:08 am

I am moving to West TN and I have been looking around for some public hunting areas for ducks and came across these two places within an hour drive of me. Are they any good? Keep in mind I am from central KY and a good year for us is far different from a good year for people near the MS River. I also saw that there are blinds on these places, are they draw blinds or first come first served? Thanks.
aroe3
Newb

Re: Tigrett/Moss Island WMA

Postby d_hunter12 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:42 am

I'm pretty sure Tigrett is draw blinds. But you can hunt them as long as the people that hunt the blind aren't in it when shooting hours start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
d_hunter12
hunter

Postby coot83 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:14 pm

Tigrett is draw blinds, but there's various other oppertunities in the woods..far as the draw blinds go, there's one that does most the killin and the rest do alotta watchin.

DED BROKE HUNTIN CLUB
coot83
hunter

Postby Shell Shocked » Mon May 05, 2014 2:29 pm

During the duck season......burn a lot of gas and mornings. You'll figure out where you need to be. If experience has taught me anything, West Tenn duck hunters guard their duck holes and their knowledge. what may not be good one day, wears them out under the right conditions. Just gotta learn the variables that contribute to teh right conditions for each hole.

It may take a couple/several seasons, but good seasons come after lots of "investing". Or get close to someone that hunts a lot and mooch in and steal their spot.
Shell Shocked
hunter

Postby southern_mallards » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:11 pm

I'm from Lauderdale. And yea West TN has some pretty good duck holes, and some ***hole duck hunters. If you want message me during Dec-Jan and I'll take you to a few public places that have ducks. Just remember that if you're new to the area locals won't take so kind.
southern_mallards
hunter

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting