Anyone hunting Lake Cherokee or Norris?

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, duckbumm, duck slayR, Itchy Coyote

Anyone hunting Lake Cherokee or Norris?

Postby MotorSeven » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:14 pm

I'm new to the area and looking for info in hunting these two lakes since they are very close to me. I don't much care for hunting out of a boat & prefer to wade or float tube. It looks like flooded timber is out of the question because the lake levels drop so much during the winter. There may be somewhere else close by that i am overlooking. I am in Hancock County which borders VA and KY.
If anyone here has any tips they would be greatly appreciated.

RD

PS, just got back from Manitoba and did a 3 day goose/duck hunt on the praries. Did well, but missed the really big push of birds that were holding a few hrs north of us. It was the first time i got to swing the shotgun in over 8 years......way too long.!
MotorSeven
hunter

E. TN hunting

Postby SmkyMtns » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:41 am

RD - just stumbled upon your post. I live in Knoxville, and was wondering if you tried to hunt Norris and / Cherokee as you posted? I see some decent flights of Mallards and geese on the Clinch river but I'm not sure if they can even be hunted legally. Any thoughts?

I normally hunt So. Illinois with a friend of mine, but the 5-hour trip is getting a little old.
SmkyMtns
Newb

Re: Anyone hunting Lake Cherokee or Norris?

Postby MotorSeven » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:46 pm

I am resurrecting this post. It's been over 10 years since my I had to put my Golden down at age 13. The itch to get back into duck/goose hunting has been bad this year. In his honor, I couldn't do another Golden, so I chose a Chessie. I am still looking for some places to hunt/info near Norris & Cherokee.

His name is Thibodeaux.....

RD
MotorSeven
hunter

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting