Need someone to hunt with

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, duckbumm, Itchy Coyote, duck slayR

Need someone to hunt with

Postby backwaterhunter » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:40 am

Hey everyone my name is derek. i am 20 years old and have been hunting ducks since i was 5 or 6 with my family and they are all getting to old to hunt or they are over seas serving our country so i have nowere really to hunt this year but water sheds and as we all no that aint the greatest place to go. i am looking for someone to hunt with i dont even care if its in a blind some hard hunting in the back woods would be fine with me. i aint looking for a free ride or anything i have a boat, trucks, decoys, robos, blind on my boat, and guns. so all i need is a decint spot. a am from Dyersburg and hunted Obion County and Lake County few times and dont really no were to go i only were 3 days a week and can hunt Tuesday thru Friday. and would be willing to travel for some good hunting. :smile:
for 07/08 season in NorthWest Tennessee Ducks to date (564)
Honkers to date(43)
Bands(2)
backwaterhunter
hunter

Postby trck drvr » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:08 pm

Hey Derek, If you live around lake/obion counties why dont you hunt reelfoot? just wonder'n,
have you ever hunted it?
trck drvr
hunter

Postby backwaterhunter » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:54 pm

There are many draw blinds there and you have to be so far away from them before you can hunt out of a boat. Also, a lot of the people there don't like people hunting out of boats down from their blinds. And I don't want to cause a problem with anyone.
for 07/08 season in NorthWest Tennessee Ducks to date (564)
Honkers to date(43)
Bands(2)
backwaterhunter
hunter

Postby Itchy Coyote » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:00 am

I hunt there 2 or 3 times a year. If you come across a blind and no one is in it you can hunt it. The thing is you need to be in it before shooting time. Once you are in it and you can hunt if they come up to you it is still your blind. I would ask anyone that shows up late if they would want to hunt with you or as them if you can stay. Once the sun comes up and you can hunt and no one is there it is yours.

Now hunting close to a blind. With goole earth and things like that you can look at must any blind. Map out a spot that is 250 yards away and you can hunt.

They don't like it to get out about the rules but you can check out what I am saying at the TWRA web site. I have done it a few times and when they tell me they are going to call TWRA I start to hand them my cell phone and tell them the number is in my phone they don't have to look it up.

I know this sounds like I am starting something but they wont cut you any breaks. I try to fine a nice out of the way spot but there are never any ducks when I do.

Best is to get there just as sun up and check a blind or two and to might find one you can hunt. All the blind on the lake are state own but some have not been turn over to the state yet form what I heard. You can get a map with the draw blinds and just check them.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

www.itchyoutdoors.com

catch me if you can
Itchy Coyote
State Moderator

Postby tnreefguy » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:41 pm

You should try to scout out some spots on the Tennessee River. We hunt here and there but lots of empty space and plenty of woodducks to shoot at. Go one day to scout and the other to shoot. If your boat has a godevil then the possibilities are endless with all the shallow running creeks that follow into flooded timber.
tnreefguy
hunter

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting