Goose Hunters

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, duckbumm, duck slayR, Itchy Coyote

Goose Hunters

Postby southern_mallards » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:41 pm

Is there any hardcore goose hunters in West TN? I'm not a hardcore hunter but I do feel pretty accomplished taking a Lesser Canada about once a season. Any tips on hunting geese how what seems to be the best approach in West TN? Any public places that produce a good goose shotout?
southern_mallards
hunter

Re: Goose Hunters

Postby CrazyDrake » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:30 am

When driving around if you see some local canada's. Ask every land owner you see for permission to hunt. Cut corn fields will do you the best. I have a place where i see a nice group flying just about every morning to feed. But i havent been able to secure hunting rights yet.

Take this advice however you want. I have never been on an actual "goose" hunt. I would love to. And if you have a whole bunch of snow decoys, I can put you on some of the best conservation hunts you can imagine at our place in AR. We just literally have 0 goose decoys. So i have never put in any time.

I'd love to see one of those big honkers coasting in.
CrazyDrake
hunter

Re: Goose Hunters

Postby possumfoot » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:31 pm

you are not going to do much canada killing around here. not late season migrators anyway.. speck hunting is where it is at.
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting