Duck Hunting Forum banner

New to eastern TN

5K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  stumpjumper1590 
#1 ·
Hey all,

Recently moved to the Chattanooga area from Wisconsin. Believe me I understand the fraternity that is duck hunting buddies so I'm not expecting anyone to show me their "secret spots" but it would be great if some of you could point me in the right direction or even if youre just looking for another guy to go with this season. I was an avid hunter in WI and I usually hunted the bay of Green Bay for Mals, Canvasbacks, Teal, Redheads, etc. I hunted out of a seasonally built blind. I just wanted to reach out and hopefully I'll get to meet some you down the road. Thanks a lot.

Tyler

#2 ·
Hey man, I moved to McMinnville tn a few months back, I'm about an hour from Chattanooga, just moved her from CT, was going to post something similar to what you did but I see a lot of people posting, but anyhow pm me if you'd like, I'm learning the area myself but have a few areas lined up.

#5 ·
Thanks for info. guys. I reached out to some of you. The more i'm hearing and reading the more frustrating it seems to be. Back in WI I could knock on someone front door and offer to do some yard work in the fall for them and they'd let me walk out their back yard and stand in the reeds. Permission without paying seems to be impossible. Also hearing about leasing for all other types of hunting. I hear about the public land that's overly crowded as well. I thought TN would be a hunting mecca. Seems to be only that case if you have the money for your own land. I'll keep scouting and asking and hopefully I'll get in a couple hunts with you guys down the road. Appreciate it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.