TWRA Satisfaction

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, duckbumm, duck slayR, Itchy Coyote

How satisfied are you with the job TWRA is doing?

Excellent! couldn't be better
11%
Pretty good with decent public hunting
33%
They may do a little but not much here
56%
They care about waterfowlers?
No votes

Total votes : 9

TWRA Satisfaction

Postby frazier2209 » Mon May 02, 2005 2:26 pm

How satisfied are your with what TWRA is doing to improve/ manage waterfowl habitat and hunting oppurtunities? :help:
frazier2209
hunter

Postby frazier2209 » Mon May 02, 2005 2:32 pm

Personally, around here there are very few good public hunting areas. There are a couple of WMAs around that I sometimes go to.
About 50 miles from my house is Hiwassee refuge. Up there they plant acres upon acres of corn, etc. That place is loaded with ducks and LOTS of sandhill cranes. :thumbsdown:
I personally think this direction we a leaning to on sandhills is not good at all. I recently sent them an e-mail voicing my opinions on their managment. We have so many around here that they are a nuisance. They eat in my grandpa's cornfield until there is nothing left. :pissed: There deffinitely needs to be a season on them. Say even 2 birds a day like geese. They could at least try it for a year or two.

Anyway, since I'm off my soapbox. I think that it will be intersting to see the different responses we get from across the state. Those west TN boys may be much more satisfied than us over here in East TN. :mrgreen:
frazier2209
hunter

Postby CALLEMQUACKTN » Sat May 07, 2005 1:01 pm

I think they a lot more over in west Tn. then over our way. I've lived in shelby,& tipton county. There is a lote more refuges out there.
CALLEMQUACKTN
hunter

Postby frazier2209 » Sat May 07, 2005 3:08 pm

glad you made it CALLEM. Haven't seen ya in awhile :toofunny: :smile:
frazier2209
hunter

Postby CALLEMQUACKTN » Sat May 07, 2005 7:09 pm

Yeah It's has been a couple days since I have been on here. I had surgery thursday morning & have not been able to get up to play on the computer at all. I have been going crazy you ask my wife. Glad to be back! :getdown: In case you was wondering what kind of surgery. I got the snip snip if you know what I mean. This was the second time I had it done. The first time did not work. :eek: That is why I have a new 3 month old. I would not give her up for a minute.
CALLEMQUACKTN
hunter

Postby quackkiller » Sun May 08, 2005 3:28 pm

I'm pretty happy with everything they have done over here. The refuges are really nice, but the wma's could use a little work. They aren't really any duck hunting opportunities on the wma's around where I live, unless the backwater is out. They are mainly just for deer and turkey hunters. There are 1 or 2 that have places on them to duck hunt, but they are way too crowded for me. But, all in all I guess I'm pretty satisfied with what they have done.
quackkiller
hunter

Postby CALLEMQUACKTN » Mon May 09, 2005 11:48 am

Quackkiller have you ever hunted an area above covington I think the name is Cold Creek? I fished there one time & it had duck blinds all over it. It is some how conected to the Miss. River.
CALLEMQUACKTN
hunter

Postby frazier2209 » Mon May 09, 2005 12:57 pm

call 'em, how far are you from Paris, TN? :smile:
frazier2209
hunter

Postby quackkiller » Mon May 09, 2005 5:43 pm

Call em, I live about 30 minutes north of Covington. I know where the place is you are talking about, but I've never hunted there.
quackkiller
hunter

Postby CALLEMQUACKTN » Tue May 10, 2005 1:01 pm

Frazier I live about 5 min. west of Tullahoma. I can get to chattanoga 1 hour from my house. Quackkiller me & my wife used to live above munford . It would be nice to get up a hunt down there around that area. Do you ever hunt Tully any?
CALLEMQUACKTN
hunter

Postby frazier2209 » Tue May 10, 2005 1:41 pm

like i told you earlier, i hunted ducks over in that craphole they call AEDC. All I know is that when you go over the bridge there at Nickijack there are a BUTTLOAD :eek: of coots rafting around that grass.
frazier2209
hunter

Postby CALLEMQUACKTN » Tue May 10, 2005 3:26 pm

I'v noticed that my self. Wonder if it can be hunted. :laughing:
CALLEMQUACKTN
hunter

Postby frazier2209 » Tue May 10, 2005 5:57 pm

i know you were kidding :toofunny: i doubt you can hunt within like 20 miles of that bridge there is soooo much urbanization around there. If you live close to Tullahoma it would be pretty close for you to drive down to Scottboro and hunt w/ us. :mrgreen:
frazier2209
hunter

Postby CALLEMQUACKTN » Tue May 10, 2005 6:53 pm

That sounds pretty cool. I would love to set a trip for this fall. I don't think I am that good of a caller but i'm still learning. :oops: I do have a good dog lab that loves to retrieve dead ducks! :yes:
CALLEMQUACKTN
hunter

Postby frazier2209 » Tue May 10, 2005 7:03 pm

we got the calling covered, but we don't have a dog, so that would work great. :getdown:
frazier2209
hunter

Postby frazier2209 » Wed May 11, 2005 3:46 pm

CALLEMQUACKTN wrote:That is why I have a new 3 month old. I would not give her up for a minute.

Go ahead and buy her a lifetime license. It will be the best investment you will ever make. If you buy them while she is young they are only $200. If I went to buy one now it would be $1600 :cool: . The way I look at it, even if she doesn't and up hunting you still donated $200 to a good cause :mrgreen:
frazier2209
hunter

Postby CALLEMQUACKTN » Wed May 11, 2005 7:52 pm

Yeah I am still trying to figure out how to get the $200 dollars to do that. :smile: Where you been Quackkiller?
Last edited by CALLEMQUACKTN on Wed May 11, 2005 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CALLEMQUACKTN
hunter

Postby CALLEMQUACKTN » Wed May 11, 2005 8:00 pm

How much would a Alabama nonresidents license cost for that hunt? I also have 2 dozen mallard ,1 dozen bwt, 1 dozen pintails,1/2 dozen woodies,& 2 mojo's. Would we be hunting where there is any geese? I have 1 dozen shells & 4 GHG floaters.
CALLEMQUACKTN
hunter

Postby quackkiller » Sun May 15, 2005 9:36 pm

Frazier, I just noticed the tnducks.com in your sig. Are you a member there? If so, what's your name on there? I've been a member there since last fall. My name on there is Sully.
quackkiller
hunter

Postby TNRedneck » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:51 am

I'm a member of there also. My names rem_870. :cool:
GITN-R-DONE THIS SIDE OF THE MISSISSIPPI FOR 16 YEARS!
TNRedneck
hunter

Postby T.B. Smackdown » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:53 pm

they do a good job here to provide hunting for wma hunting but they could do a little more i think. i will say they make it fair hunting for the ones that hunt. if you have a problem with anything they will come out and check it out. we like our game wardens they are hunters also and want us to be happy while hunting here in west tn. i will have to say they are a good bunch of guys that have a job to do. i don't do anything foolish while hunting. but i hear a lot of stories about some that do and they always get caught sooner or later. i have seen the gw post baited fields off limits for a whole season. i have to give them a big thumbs up from my area. they are trained to know who is doing what and why they are doing it and when they are doing it. i have had one sneak right up on me before and didn't know he was even there until we shot a few ducks and then he came out and checked us. i wish they could make it better for all of us in every area but it just don't work that way for some reason.
it may have something to do with where all the money comes from but i am not sure. i know we have a lot of hunters here in my area and that could make a difference. from what i was told at the blind drawing in dyersburg all the wma's are planted and will be in good shape when the season opens here. i wish everyone the best season this year and if you can make a trip to west tn. and want to hunt give me a shout.
T.B. Smackdown
hunter

Postby CALLEMQUACKTN » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:43 pm

Thanks for the offer. :smile: I can hardly wait!!! Less than a week before the season starts :yes:
CALLEMQUACKTN
hunter

Postby T.B. Smackdown » Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:06 am

Me and my nephew been checking out the big birds on the tenn. river last few weeks. We may get up on some fine goose shootin for the early season. Been seeing a lot of geese already moving in there. Just a few more days and it will be here. Got to go and work on some decoys i will check back here later.
T.B. Smackdown
hunter

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting