Back from hunting with Mike Newsome

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, duckbumm, duck slayR, Itchy Coyote

Back from hunting with Mike Newsome

Postby jwhite » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:18 pm

I know i'm a little late writing in but better late than never right. just thought i'd brag on Mike and one of his guides Chris. It started on Friday with Mike calling me and saying we needed to cancel our hotel reservations that Reelfoot was going to freeze and he had another place we would kill birds. so we did and boy i'm telling you we saw more ducks and had opportunities to kill ducks like you've never seen. We hunted a local WMA in Martin TN. Sat morning we killed 5 mallards, 4 greenies and 1 susie. we had some that came in a left unhurt due to lack of being able to hit them back flapping over the decoys. Saturday was 20 degrees with about a 25 mile an hour wind. Sunday we killed 12 birds. Mallards, widgeon, and gadwal. our taxidermy bill just got a little out of hand. I also killed one banded drake mallard!! he is beautiful bird and will make a great looking mount.
Mike is a great guy and will do anything to make sure you have the opportuntiy to kill ducks. since being back home i have spoken to mike several different times about going back next year. We had a great hunt and saw litterally THOUSANDS of birds mallards, pintails, widgeons, gadwal, black ducks, rignecks, teal.
Guys if you are ever interested in taking a trip to NW TN give Mike Newsome a call and will not be dissapointed. visit his website www.floodedtimber.com
Mike and Chris thanks for a great and memorable hunt!!

Jake
Get your GREEN on!!--Echo team
jwhite
hunter

Postby THE_NATURAL » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:36 pm

Jake, thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you guys had a great trip, and the band was the icing on the cake.

I felt elated when a friend of mine called me tonight and said someone on this "duckhuntingchat.com" was bragging on our guide service. :thumbsup:

This looks like a pretty cool place.....I think I'll stick around. :lol:
Last edited by THE_NATURAL on Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE_NATURAL
Newb

Postby TennesseeNW » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:36 pm

Yall hunt crockett or hop-in or somewhere else? Got a report of a decent hunt on crockett of a two man limit from monday.
Can't kill em on the couch.
TennesseeNW
hunter

Postby THE_NATURAL » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:39 pm

We hunted Crockett.

Where are you hunting NWTennessee?
THE_NATURAL
Newb

Postby TennesseeNW » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:06 pm

I hunt mainly out from the Palestine timber on Reelfoot. Hunt with a friend at other places like Crockett and turn pike. Also have hunted in the upper and lower bottoms. We watched tens of thousands of duck pour into snaggy on the lake monday.
Can't kill em on the couch.
TennesseeNW
hunter

Postby matchbook454 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:26 pm

here are some pics from my hunt with Mike Newsome.

These are all from Jan. 2-4. Sorry it took so long for me to put them up. We had a great hunt with him as well.
matchbook454
hunter

Postby jwhite » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:33 pm

awesome pict. the one duck we all wanted to get(pintail) great looking birds. i was going to post pict. of our hunt but they're on my dad camera. glad y'all had a good hunt. we're going to try to make it back up there this year or ealy jan.
Get your GREEN on!!--Echo team
jwhite
hunter

Postby matchbook454 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:26 pm

I can't make it back this coming season but will be up there the following. Can't wait!
matchbook454
hunter

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting