Shelby Forest WMA

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, duckbumm, duck slayR, Itchy Coyote

Shelby Forest WMA

Postby BESTES » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:28 pm

I live in Memphis. Since Shelby Forest in only 20 min from my house, I was wondering in anyone has ever hunted the area and with what kind of luck. I usually hunt in Arkansas in Flooded Fields. I was surprised to find flooded cypress swamps when I was up there this past weekend riding around. Any help would be appreciated for next season

Thanks
Brian Estes

My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dog already thinks I am.
BESTES
hunter

Postby TennesseeNW » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:43 pm

I have when the river got up once.
Can't kill em on the couch.
TennesseeNW
hunter

Postby Itchy Coyote » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:39 pm

This frist of the hunting season there was no water and that ment no ducks. I was there the day before and I walked way out where ther should have been 3 foot of water.

But when it dose have water every hunter with in 50 miles is sitting in the truck ready to get into the water. There are a few that get in there and put out their boat and all of their gear and sit in the truck untill they see lights coming down the hill and then they go out and get the best spot.

I have been in there when there is so many hunter when one shoots they all sound like they are shooting.

There is a lot of spots that can hold water and duck do fly into them now and then but we need it to be real cold north of us to push them down.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

www.itchyoutdoors.com

catch me if you can
Itchy Coyote
State Moderator

Postby BESTES » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:02 pm

Theat's waht I've heard from others. I didn't know how far the lake( eagle Lake?) went out from the dead end off Island 40. Is there another way in?
Brian Estes

My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dog already thinks I am.
BESTES
hunter

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting