Moving to TN

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, duckbumm, duck slayR, Itchy Coyote

Moving to TN

Postby KCDuckMaster » Fri May 23, 2008 1:18 pm

Hey guys

I'm Kurt and currently I am living in Missouri around the Kansas City area. However I just graduated college and I ended up getting a job in Millingtion. I haven't moved yet but I will be moving down May 27. I have been hunting waterfowl (mainly ducks) for about 6 or 7 years now and I have been checking out your hunting there and it looks like there are several places to go for public hunting. So it sounds like I'll be doing alot of scouting over the summer if I want to be ready for this season. But anyways I thought I would just say Hi and let ya know that your gonna have an new guy here to the Tennessee forum.
If they weren’t meant to be eaten, then why are they made of meat?
KCDuckMaster
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Sun May 25, 2008 7:40 pm

Wow, you're a long way away from me. I'm in Knoxville. You're lucky though, all the ducks are in West, TN. There aren't too many to be found here in East TN. Anywho, :welcome: I hope you like your stay here in TN, and maybe we can get the state forum going a little more. If you need any help lemme know, I'll try to see what I can do for you although I don't know much about West, TN. We do have quite a bit of public hunting land throughout the state, so you shouldn't have trouble finding places to hunt. If I'm not mistaken, you're in Unit L for deer season so you can take one buck and three does per day. I'm in Unit B and we don't get any does during gun season. Get your license, and I'd reccommend you hit up Reelfoot really hard. Take it easy, and good luck on the move.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby TennesseeNW » Tue May 27, 2008 6:08 pm

Be glad you landed on the west side of the state.
Can't kill em on the couch.
TennesseeNW
hunter

Postby hunt-chessies » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:45 pm

I also am moving to millington TN so maybe we can get together..... I'm active duty and won't transfer untill Jan or Feb of 09....... I look forward to possibly meeting you when i get there and if you figure anything out about the place let me know (hunting or non-hunting)
Proudly owned by "HR A hunters dream of Westwind JH"

I quote HNTFSH ****Hunting is a form of training but not the first wave of it. *****
hunt-chessies
Forum Moderator

Postby Itchy Coyote » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:40 am

Well when you guys get here let me know I live just to the west of Millington. We could get together and I could show you this side of the state.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

www.itchyoutdoors.com

catch me if you can
Itchy Coyote
State Moderator

Postby hunt-chessies » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:46 pm

itchy..... I'll keep ya posted!!! It looks like im coming just after the first of the year..... thanks for the warm welcome!!!

I quote HNTFSH ****Hunting is a form of training but not the first wave of it. *****
hunt-chessies
Forum Moderator

Postby Itchy Coyote » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:19 pm

hunt-chessies wrote:itchy..... I'll keep ya posted!!! It looks like im coming just after the first of the year..... thanks for the warm welcome!!!

Glad to help.

I can see that you are a chessies lover I almost got me one but ended up getting a eng. lab. My dog was trained along side of Drale the DUL dog.

Look around my web page and you can see him, Drake and Mike Stewart together.

http://www.itchyoutdoors.com/morepic.html
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

www.itchyoutdoors.com

catch me if you can
Itchy Coyote
State Moderator

Postby hunt-chessies » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:11 am

well i'm an amature dog trainer so maybe you can show me a few things there too!!!

hunt-chessies
Forum Moderator

Postby cuppedup50 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:56 pm

you goin in the navy in millington? my brother is down there in the navy.
cut em.
cuppedup50
hunter

Postby hunt-chessies » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:38 pm

cuppedup50..... yeah i'm in the navy. What's your brother do?? I'll be working at NAVMAC (Naval manning assesment command)

Hopefuly i'll be doing less work and more duck hunting than i am now!! I've been deployed for the past few duck season or atleast most of them and waterfowl hunting in SC is crap..... I begged to come to TN just so i could kill ducks again. I've seen ONE mallard hen in 4 years here and i missed the shot!!!!

hunt-chessies
Forum Moderator

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting