Forks of River WMA Closer

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, duckbumm, duck slayR, Itchy Coyote

Forks of River WMA Closer

Postby outdoorjake » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:19 am

http://www.state.tn.us/twra/news/forksvandals.html

Just in case anyone was going to go there and didn't hear about this.

I mean honestly I can understand a person trying to get away with something like this on private land but on a WMA thats pretty ballsy
outdoorjake
hunter

Postby TennesseeNW » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:32 am

haha i saw that. Thats gotta have some people P. Oed.
Can't kill em on the couch.
TennesseeNW
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:08 pm

It certainly makes me angry. I was going to hunt the Holston and French Broad for ducks. Guess not for 10 days now. :mad: As long as the 10 day rule applies here. What do they consider adjacent to the WMA?
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby outdoorjake » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:28 am

I am not sure the 10 day rule applies, It says in the article that TWRA will decide when to open it back up. and as far as adjacent to it I am sure they are thinking any where that is in the area that birds will be headed to the WMA. IMO I wouldn't hunt with in a mile of it on the river just to be safe.
outdoorjake
hunter

Postby bcunnin1 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:25 pm

I am ticked. I was going to be dove hunting out there on Monday. Now I am rushing to find a field in East TN either pay or not. I am trying to decide with a buddy what field to hit off the TWRA list. I just hate that one guy would try something so stupid and ruin it for everybody.
bcunnin1
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:43 pm

bcunnin go to a field in Loudon County. That's where I was going to go, but now I have to work as you know. :thumbsdown: By the way, did you get drawn for Oak Ridge? Since we're kind of on the topic of WMA's. Like it or not, I'm still going goose hunting before work on monday. I don't have dekes yet, but I'll still give it a go. I've seen where they fly, so I'm setting up.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby bcunnin1 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:51 am

I think I am going to one of the Barr fields. Maybe Billy Barr. Have you heard how early you need to get there. I have heard before sunup and a lot later from different people? And keep letting me know about goose I can not go Monday but if we did an afternoon hunt one day which sometimes is better anyways let me know I might be able to meet you for one. PM when you work next I still got to bring in my bow. I was going to come in today and get dove shells and do my bow all at once.
bcunnin1
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:46 pm

I work tomorrow and that's all I remember :thumbsdown: . My dad, brother, cousin, and uncle will be at Billy Barr field tomorrow. You might see them there. I'll be at work though. The last couple years it hasn't been good, but the crop conditions until this year. I'd get there no later than about 8 or 9. I'd go even earlier since it's Labor Day and everyone is off work. I'm going to try and hit up that field next saturday before work at 2. PM me with your class schedule and we'll go hunt one morning or afternoon. I'm off on monday and friday and don't work on tuesday-thursday. Somebody off here actually came and found me at work today. Asked for Preacher1011 he was on the board for the East TN chapter of Ducks Unlimited and invited me to the banquet. The guy's name was Chris I believe, but I forgot his name on here. :huh: Nice to actually meet someone on here for once though.

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby outdoorjake » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:34 pm

I have been out of town for a while an hadn't had a chance but i am pretty sure i read that they reopened it to migratory birds the 7th check tnwildlife.org to be sure though I could be wrong.
outdoorjake
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:15 am

I haven't heard anything else about it. I know they would have to wait 10 days after it was all gone to open it. I just looked on the TWRA website and didn't see anything on it. I didn't look too hard though since I have to be getting to class, but I'll check it out again when I get home.

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby outdoorjake » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:41 am

From the "find a dove field"

" Note: Forks of the River WMA is temporarily closed to dove and waterfowl hunting due to vandalism on the area. Forks of the River WMA is scheduled to reopen September 7 at 30 minutes before sun rise for dove and canada Geese."
outdoorjake
hunter

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting