looking for some help

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, Itchy Coyote, duckbumm, duck slayR

looking for some help

Postby hunt-chessies » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:25 pm

Hey guys,
I'm active duty military and moving to Millington (Memphis area) in the spring. I've decided to take some time off in January and head over to look for a place to live, check out the base/town, and hopefully kill a few birds. If anyone could help me out with info on any of the above subjects i would really appreciate it. It's going to be a bit of a shoot form the hip kinda trip. I'm looking at the 3rd thru the 9th plus or minus a little bit. Thanks a bunch
Jeremy
Proudly owned by "HR A hunters dream of Westwind JH"

I quote HNTFSH ****Hunting is a form of training but not the first wave of it. *****
hunt-chessies
Forum Moderator

Postby Preacher1011 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:58 pm

Good luck on the move. Some of the guys should be able to help you out. I assume you're in the Marines or Navy living in Beaufort. You working on Parris Island or the air base?
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby hunt-chessies » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:12 pm

air station.... i'm Navy, transfering to NSA Mid-south formerly NAS Millington..... I don't move untill the spring but i thought i would check it out while i can kill a few birds too!!! LOL

I quote HNTFSH ****Hunting is a form of training but not the first wave of it. *****
hunt-chessies
Forum Moderator

Postby Preacher1011 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:38 pm

Makes sense. What's your MOS? My buddy switched from Corpsman to Nuclear Engineer. I think he's going to hate it, so I joke with him and say congratulations, you sold 10 years of your life for 21,000 bucks. :rofl:

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby hunt-chessies » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:44 pm

The Navy does not have MOS's.... LOL...... I'm an Aviation Electronics Technition First Class (E-6) and my current job is fixing radios and radar for the F/A-18 Hornet.

I gave up 10 years too but i didn't get that kinda cash..... LOL

hunt-chessies
Forum Moderator

Postby KCDuckMaster » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:54 pm

Well I live in Millington, I just moved here back in June so I don't really know a whole lot but so far its not bad. I've done a little scouting around but haven't really had much time to really check things out. I'm pretty busy with my job and I'm gone alot on weekends, which sucks because I will literally only have but a handful of weekends to hunt. I'm from Missouri and I will probably do most if not all of my hunting when I'm back there for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

As far as finding a place to live, I live on the north side of the town and its pretty good. I don't know what your looking for or what your budget is right now. But if I was thinking about staying here for good I would be checking out the Shelby forest area for a house and a small piece of land. But I have a feeling that places in that area are kinda high and I probably wouldn't want to buy something there unless I was planning on staying awhile.
If they weren’t meant to be eaten, then why are they made of meat?
KCDuckMaster
hunter

Postby hunt-chessies » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:53 pm

Thanks for the info KC..... were only going to be in millington for a max of three years so i'm looking for a house to rent or a cheap place to buy, like a forclosure or something like that. I have to leave no matter what in 3 years so i don't want to be stuck with a high dollar house i can't sell. My wife is a teacher and she's looking at a few schools surrounding millington that have great reviews. I have a dog so an apartment is out. Maybe ew can meet up when i get there and have a beer or something. It's always hard to move and have to meet people all over again. Seems like when you finally find good friends it's time to leave!!! Gets old!! LOL

hunt-chessies
Forum Moderator

Postby Preacher1011 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:03 pm

hunt-chessies wrote:The Navy does not have MOS's.... LOL...... I'm an Aviation Electronics Technition First Class (E-6) and my current job is fixing radios and radar for the F/A-18 Hornet.

I gave up 10 years too but i didn't get that kinda cash..... LOL

Ah so you work on the planes that my cousin's husband helps fly. He's an aviator in the Hornets. My other cousin's husband is in Iraq right now with the reserves as a Combat Engineer.

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Itchy Coyote » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:13 pm

Let me know when you guys are able to take a ride and I can show you a fe few spots around here. I live about 15 mins from Millington just in Tipton county. I have hunten most every where there is around here but thing have been slow the last few years.

Give me a PM and we can set something up.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

www.itchyoutdoors.com

catch me if you can
Itchy Coyote
State Moderator

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting