Duck calls and Lab.

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, duckbumm, duck slayR, Itchy Coyote

Duck calls and Lab.

Postby Bopeye » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:53 pm

Hey fellow hunters. :biggrin:
This is my first time at this site and I really like it.

I don't duck hunt, but I am in a bit of a jam and thought my hunting brethren might be able to help me out. :help:

I hunt coyotes exclusively. I use Original Mtn. Curs to help me, but I mostly call them in using mouth calls.

Anyway, back in April my wife decided she wanted her own dog and came home with a five week old full blooded black lab puppy. I couldn't believe it. :eek: I was just a few weeks out from having a thoracic laminectomy on my back and had sold a few dogs in preparation for it. Now my wife is bringing one home. :huh:
Needless to say her timing was lousy. :rolleyes:
I agreed to let her keep it, but made it clear that I wasn't going to take care of it.......it was HER dog.
Well needless to say that hasn't lasted long. My two kids and I are the ones playing with and feeding this dog. My wife has totally lost interest in it since it's no longer a little puppy.

We take this pup to the lake behind my parents house and he loves the water. I've even put a little pool in his kennel since he loves water so much.
Does anyone have room for a little guy named Tucker who has lot's of potential, but nobody willing to use it?
I use my dogs to hunt and it makes me sick to see a hunting dog just sitting in a kennel day after day.

To sweeten the pot I'll throw in a couple of duck calls that I don't know much about. One is a plastic Lohman call and the other is a wooden custom call or so I was told. Whoever made it didn't do anything fancy, but it does sound good.
My dad use to be a duck hunter out in Nebraska and he likes the way it sounds.

Here's pictures of both Tucker the dog and the calls. All of these items will be FREE to a hunter or someone wanting to get into hunting. Let me know something. :thumbsup:

www.southeasterncoyotes.com
www.easterncoyotes.com

Coyote Hunters are made, not born.
Bopeye
Newb

Postby Preacher1011 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:36 pm

Not to interested in the dog, but I'm going to be hunting my grandparents place and camping in Crossville this weekend. Where are you at there? I'm hunting off 121 and then staying at Cumberland Mountain State Park friday and saturday night. Thought about hitting up Catoosa, but I have no idea where to start. I've got quite a few calls, but my buddy just started up and I'm sure he'd like a couple to blow on. I'll shoot you a PM with my number.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby TennesseeNW » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:08 pm

Is there any writing on the call on the left?
Can't kill em on the couch.
TennesseeNW
hunter

Postby Bopeye » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:11 pm

The call on the left is the Lohman call. All that it says is "Lohman" on one side and "since 1937" on the other. I assume it's a production call by Lohman.

I'll be getting in touch with you Preacher. You and I are pretty close to one another. :thumbsup:
www.easterncoyotes.com

Bopeye
Newb

Postby TennesseeNW » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:30 pm

ha my bad. I meant the one on the right. It looks close to a call maker from west Tennessee. Looks like African Blackwood or a really aged cocabola.
Can't kill em on the couch.
TennesseeNW
hunter

Postby Bopeye » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:43 pm

It doesn't have any wording that I can find. Sorry. :wink:
www.easterncoyotes.com

Bopeye
Newb

Postby sambo1 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:00 am

how old is tucker and is he a full bread lab?
im here to shoot things and take names
sambo1
Newb

Postby Bopeye » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:22 pm

sambo1 wrote:how old is tucker and is he a full bread lab?

He was born Jan. 17th. His mom and dad are both full blooded labs.
His papa is AKC registered, but his momma is not registered.
www.easterncoyotes.com

Bopeye
Newb

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting