Needing a little more help

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, duckbumm, duck slayR, Itchy Coyote

Needing a little more help

Postby Kristen » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:01 pm

Thank you to everyone who gave me such good advice from my last post. I am the wife of a duck hunter who lives in Georgia. For a Christmas present I was looking to book a guided hunt on Reelfoot Lake for my husband. I was able to book a hunt with Mike Newsome for January 13th & 14th.

Here is where I need some more advice. My husband will not be able to bring our dog with him to hunt on the guided trip. Mike said due to insurance reasons he does not allow dogs. Does anyone know if there is any public hunting areas that he could hunt in the afternoons with our dog. I saw a few places that rent john boats on Reelfoot. Would it be worth reserving a boat for him so that he could hunt afternoons with our dog?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!! Just trying to give a duck hunter a great Christmas present.

Kristen
Kristen
Newb

Postby TennesseeNW » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:14 pm

Its probably not worth the trouble to hunt public land in West Tennessee if you are not familiar with the area.
Can't kill em on the couch.
TennesseeNW
hunter

Postby mollyworker » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:53 am

Your husband will enjoy his hunt with Mike. Some of the motels do not allow dogs. Better check before you carry a dog. Ditto the advice about renting a boat etc. That's mighty risky for several reasons. Those are smallish boats. Not good on windy days on the lake. If your husband picks the "wrong" place to set up public hunting, he might have problems with adjacent hunters. If he hops the "wrong" blind in the afternoon, ditto. The lake is F U L L of stumps just under the surface. Unless you KNOW where you are going, it is very dangerous.
mollyworker
hunter

Postby cuppedup50 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:32 am

yea i wouldnt advise to do that either. and public land in west tn is a fight basically every mornin.
cut em.
cuppedup50
hunter

Postby hunt-chessies » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:55 pm

you got to be the best wife on the planet!!! If i give you my wifes number will you give her some pointers on how to come up with the perfect gift for a die hard duck hunter!?!?! LOL
Proudly owned by "HR A hunters dream of Westwind JH"

I quote HNTFSH ****Hunting is a form of training but not the first wave of it. *****
hunt-chessies
Forum Moderator

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting