new birds

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, duckbumm, duck slayR, Itchy Coyote

new birds

Postby duck_slayin_101 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:07 pm

hey guys im from middle tn and after this front that just moved through i was just wonderin if anybody has been seeing any new ducks.. we have a place where just in a days time there has a lot of new birds movin through..
duck_slayin_101
hunter

Postby foxracing_615 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:00 pm

I read alot of guys seen thousands yesterday in west tennessee just droves of em i cant say i seen it personally cause unfortunately I was working.
Josh
foxracing_615
hunter

Postby TennesseeNW » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:32 pm

They followed the flooded river bottoms down. They will either stick around or head back north.
Can't kill em on the couch.
TennesseeNW
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:12 am

I hope some were blown over my way by the storm. I'll find out Thursday I reckon.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby duck_slayin_101 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:54 am

im hoping they stick around because i dont know about you but we are having a terribly slow season.. worst ever i reckon
duck_slayin_101
hunter

Postby cuppedup50 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:10 pm

u aint the only one duckslayin
cut em.
cuppedup50
hunter

Postby duck_slayin_101 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:15 pm

i know a guy who hunts west tn and they have fourty acres the usually flood and they havent had but 2 inches of rain and the twra wont let them pump until htere has been ten inches of rain and also my uncle is the manager of land between the lakes and they havent even been able to pump water into their refuges so i think thats why here in middle or even in tn period because NO WATER & NO REFUGE :: NO DUCKS i dont know about everybody else but its bout makin me sick goin and hunting for 4 or 5 hours and only killin 1 or 2 ducks if it wasnt for our large number of local geese to SLAY.!! to be honest i would still be in the deer stand.!!!
duck_slayin_101
hunter

Postby TennesseeNW » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:04 pm

duck_slayin_101 wrote:i know a guy who hunts west tn and they have fourty acres the usually flood and they havent had but 2 inches of rain and the twra wont let them pump until htere has been ten inches of rain and also my uncle is the manager of land between the lakes and they havent even been able to pump water into their refuges so i think thats why here in middle or even in tn period because NO WATER & NO REFUGE :: NO DUCKS i dont know about everybody else but its bout makin me sick goin and hunting for 4 or 5 hours and only killin 1 or 2 ducks if it wasnt for our large number of local geese to SLAY.!! to be honest i would still be in the deer stand.!!!

I've had some pretty good hunts here in west tn and west kentucky. The weather just hasn't been cold enough in missouri and southern illinois.
Can't kill em on the couch.
TennesseeNW
hunter

Postby mollyworker » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:23 am

duck_slayin_101 wrote:i know a guy who hunts west tn and they have fourty acres the usually flood and they havent had but 2 inches of rain and the twra wont let them pump until htere has been ten inches of rain and also my uncle is the manager of land between the lakes and they havent even been able to pump water into their refuges so i think thats why here in middle or even in tn period because NO WATER & NO REFUGE :: NO DUCKS i dont know about everybody else but its bout makin me sick goin and hunting for 4 or 5 hours and only killin 1 or 2 ducks if it wasnt for our large number of local geese to SLAY.!! to be honest i would still be in the deer stand.!!!

One or two a day? Wow, that would be good for my area. Why don't youjust give up duck hunting and go to the Deer (wasted time) stand?
mollyworker
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:17 pm

When it got down to 15 here a couple weeks ago we were covered up with birds (as much as covered up can be in East TN.) Went Thursday and got my buddy his first duck (Hooded Merganser) and that was all we saw, other than a few geese (I'm too poor for goose dekes and they wouldn't come to the call.) Anywho, it's supposed to stay around 20 degrees for the low all week next week, so I'm going to hit it up on tuesday and wednesday morning.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby dirtysouthassassin » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:01 am

We have been seeing a lot of new ducks in Savannah. The backwater is out but it is starting to drop out. We saw a couple thousand yesterday hunting a big flooded wheat/corn field. It was to big for one person to hunt and we didn't have enough wind. Not much went in our favor, we only came out with 5. It should have been a slottering but we didn't have everything we needed. It is hard to get a bird in your decoys when there is 1000 live ducks sitting 250 yards away. And we didn't have a mojo, which I think works extremely well on new ducks in our area. I watched a few hundred go down in a hole today that I will attack Friday if everything isn't froze up.
Migration Stops Here!
dirtysouthassassin
hunter

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting