Barkley Lake and Cumberland River area?

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, duckbumm, duck slayR, Itchy Coyote

Barkley Lake and Cumberland River area?

Postby Weedwacker » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:21 am

How y'all doing down there?

Negative 19 this morning here :eek:

I have an opportunity to hunt the Barkley Lake area, which on Google Earth appears to be a huge water area on the west side of TN?

Not asking for any honey holes, just wanted to hear from fellow waterfowl hunters on the area mentioned?

Is it all private or public, can you freelance hunt the area from a boat?

My cuzin owns property in the area but only deer and turkey hunts.

Any comments are welcomed.

Be safe out there.
It's not just a duck boat, it is a tatical platform for opportunity- weedwacker 101

Preserve game and hunt with a trained dog- NAVHDA

"In looking back thru his posts over there he kind of thinks of himself as the zen of all things fowl."
Weedwacker
hunter

Postby Weedwacker » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:16 am

bump...
It's not just a duck boat, it is a tatical platform for opportunity- weedwacker 101

"In looking back thru his posts over there he kind of thinks of himself as the zen of all things fowl."
Weedwacker
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:39 pm

I don't think there are many middle Tennesseans on here. Most are from West TN and there are a few of us straggling East TNers on here. There are a couple Middle TN's, but I don't think they hunt the area you mentioned. Who knows maybe one is here, but hasn't checked lately. Hope you find your answer. :thumbsup:
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Weedwacker » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:12 am

Preacher much thanks.

THe area I am talking about, that is considered Middle Tenn??

On the map it looks like the western part and more North West, but hey what do I know.....

Appears to be only 1-2 hours south of Illinois. :huh:

Weedwacker
hunter

Postby wratliffky » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:34 pm

you can do just about anything if you have an lbl usage permit 20$
Lots of divers ive killed bluebill pintail goldeneyes ruddy ducks buffies geese and tons of gaddys. Lbl usage permit is for if you hunt of the bank on land between the lakes side. if not you can go anywhere in your boat. but watch it weather is so unpredictable amd so are the ducks like today forecast 5 mph winds from the north instead 35 mph winds from the northwest. and ducks limited out on gaddys should had a limit of pintails. monday and sunday 0 confusing sunday saw 1 pinny mon. very windy left really early should of had a goleneye and gadwall hope this helps! :biggrin:
wratliffky
hunter

Postby Weedwacker » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:31 pm

Thanks, but I just went to to TWRA site and it shows a huge area of wildlife managment area, with blinds? Like many states, you can only hunt in the blinds, no freelance??

Is there a differant area that you are hunting then what I see on this map?

Much thanks.

Weedwacker
hunter

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting