Lake Norris/ north of Knoxville area

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, duckbumm, duck slayR, Itchy Coyote

Lake Norris/ north of Knoxville area

Postby macdog82881 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:06 pm

I live in GA, but my in-laws bought a house on the lake up there, I was wondering if there is good duck hunting in that area or on norris. Want to know if it is worth bringing boat and everything else when we visit up there, im sure during the summer I'll be on the lake , but wrong time to scout for ducks, if anyone has any info I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
macdog82881
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:39 pm

I don't hunt Norris but I hunt the Clinch river a ways below Norris. There really aren't many ducks in East TN no matter where you are. What we get is mostly resident birds or birds that get really messed up on their migration route. If you find a good spot there can be decent hunting though. Scouting is a big must though. You won't have shoots like in Arkansas or anything, but there are chances to get your limit as long as you're where the birds are.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Preacher1011 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:25 pm

On a side note, I'd like to see if all of us in the Knoxville area could maybe get out and do the Oak Ridge hunt next year for the early goose season. Opening day is good and after that they take off to the marina.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Norris

Postby BRCPres » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:57 am

I agree with the Preacher (Hi Ryan.) Duck hunting in East TN is tough due to a lack of flyway influence. However, we do have a fair amount of resident geese in the area that can make for an interesting day.

The later in the year the better hunting in East TN.

Bob
BRCPres
hunter

Re: Lake Norris/ north of Knoxville area

Postby jpsnhedge » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:42 pm

I spend every Thanksgiving and Christmas break in Grainger County and miss out on a lot of duck hunting. Can anyone just point me in the general direction of some opportunities on the Clinch River or Cherokee? I have property with fairly good turkey and deer hunting that I may be willing to share with a duck hunting buddy.
jpsnhedge
Newb

Re: Lake Norris/ north of Knoxville area

Postby fullcontact86 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:37 pm

Im about 45 mins south of knoxville and just had the best shoot of my life on the first but i agree the later it is in the year the better it is hear.
fullcontact86
hunter

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting