Moving from Clarksville to Nashville - Need a lease

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, duckbumm, duck slayR, Itchy Coyote

Moving from Clarksville to Nashville - Need a lease

Postby mox » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:14 pm

Men,

I'm getting married next month and currently packing up to make the move to Nashville in a couple weeks. I have hunted Western KY and Southern IL while I lived in KY, but now I'm looking to hunt locally around Davidson County. Please PM me if you have a lease that needs another man or have any info on hunting Priest or Old Hickory.

I'm experienced, have a 4WD vehicle, plenty, plenty of decoys, and most importantly, I have the money to devote to my passion for waterfowl hunting.

Thanks for reading and update me with information you might offer.
C M ducks?
M R not ducks.
O S M R 2 Ducks!
L I B, M R ducks.
---------------------
mox
hunter

Re: Moving from Clarksville to Nashville - Need a lease

Postby mox » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:15 am

No one?
C M ducks?
M R not ducks.
O S M R 2 Ducks!
L I B, M R ducks.
---------------------
mox
hunter

Postby relocatedduckman » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:12 pm

Good luck for here in Nashville area. Maby going to west tennessee is your best bet. I'm in Nashville. If you wanna do some WMA hunting hit me up. We have a blast! No birds but good convo and have a great cup of joe!
relocatedduckman
hunter

Postby mox » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:00 pm

I've got contacts in West TN and West KY, but I'm not really lookin' to make that drive every weekend (unless my truck gets replaced between now and then).

Drinkin' coffee and shootin' the bull... that's what WMAs are for isn't it? Unless you're one of those fellas who like to get there at midnight and sleep on a beaver dam to beat the daylight rush. :huh:
I'll holler at your if I'm in the mood for a cup of coffee this season.
C M ducks?
M R not ducks.
O S M R 2 Ducks!
L I B, M R ducks.
---------------------
mox
hunter

Postby TNmatt83 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:34 pm

All the wma's around nashville have blind drawings so you don't have to get there at midnight. Jush show up for the drawing and maybe you'll get a blind. I'll be at the one for cheatham WMA Aug 1st. I know Old Hickory is the 1st too. You'll be surprised how different the hunting is in middle tn compared to west tn. I have never heard of anybody getting on a duck lease in the midtenn area. The closest leases you will find are probably in the jackson area. I hunt Priest, Old Hickory, and Cheatham during the week before work and then on friday afternoons i head west. Even if you don't get a blind at the drawing you can just about always jump one, if nobody is in it 30min before shooting light it's yours. I live in Davidson county so if you want to go sometimes during the week you're welcome to come along.
Any day that starts with a cold boat ride is a good one
TNmatt83
hunter

Postby mox » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:37 pm

I'm a resident of Davidson County as of yesterday. I currently have plans of being at the Big Sandy drawing on August 1st, but I may have to change plans to show up at Old Hickory's. Does Priest have a drawing?
I hunted Cheatham a little last season, but I'm certainly not familiar with it. I've got a buddy that lives 10 or so miles from there. I may join you on some weekday hunts depending on my work schedule during the season. I'm looking to stay a little more local this season and not making the usual trips to Southern Illinois and West Kentucky.
C M ducks?
M R not ducks.
O S M R 2 Ducks!
L I B, M R ducks.
---------------------
mox
hunter

Postby TNmatt83 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:07 pm

No priest doesn't have blinds on it so it doesn't have a drawing. You can pretty much hunt anywhere you want on priest but the hunting there is not very good but i can be there in 15 minutes so it's easy before work. I'm not married so I still take off every weekend to west TN or Ark depending on where the birds are
Any day that starts with a cold boat ride is a good one
TNmatt83
hunter

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting