Middle TN hunting

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, Itchy Coyote, duckbumm, duck slayR

Middle TN hunting

Postby freesekimmer » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:58 pm

Anyone know if Cordell Hull or Dale Hollow are worth hunting? Just moved to the Cookeville area and looking for a place. Any suggestions? Im not looking for anyones honey hole. Just wanting to get out in the woods and give it a shot. Thanks
freesekimmer
Newb

Re: Middle TN hunting

Postby jbhtn » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:28 pm

I fish on Dale hollow alot in the summer time and usually see a fair amount of ducks, but they drop the water level in the winter time and that would seem to make it harder to hunt. I have turkey hunted on Cordell Hull in the spring and generally see several ducks. I know there are a few blinds scattered around the lake. I would try there before i went to Dale Hollow.
jbhtn
hunter

Re: Middle TN hunting

Postby gcaldwe » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:43 am

Lived in Cookeville a few years ago and hunted Dale Hollow quite a bit from a boat blind. We killed a lot of mallards and saw a lot of ducks. Kemper Flat was the island we hunted most of the time, all I can tell you is we went through Livingston and went out around Byrdstown bridge. Any of the people that run the lake can give you better directions. I do remember it was off of the Wolf River.
gcaldwe
hunter

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting