Texas duck hunting

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DoubleBayou, whistlin_wings

Texas duck hunting

Postby shocktroop » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:42 pm

Hey guys....I just movend up to Washington state a few months ago...people are reallt tight lipped up here about hunting, and really, it's no better than anywhere I've been stationed at. Anyways....I was in Texas for quite a while. I hunted Corpus Christi really hard, 2-3 times a week and the Wichita Falls, Lake Arrowhead the same (best season ever) if any of you guys are interested in these spots, let me know, I have allot of experience in these areas and would be happy to share. I'm not gonna be there for quite some time so it's not like your gonna take my spot next weekend!
shocktroop
hunter

Postby bonbonjovi » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:22 pm

your best bets are to hook up with your local DU chapter buddies or check out the WMA (wildlife management areas) public but require a 48 dollar permit which gives you all the maps to the state areas not a bad investment cuts down on the gas. better yet check out the TPW (Texas parks& wildlife site they have good reports and maps of all their WMA's) good luck.... find the feed find the birds.... also birds coming thru texas have been pushed down the flyway due to the weather watch for those fronts if the front hits you missed it by two days....
bonbonjovi
hunter

Postby Mad4ducks » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:42 pm

ShockTroop,

I am ashamed of you badmouthing our hunting ethics here in WA. Just joking. I recently moved back to Wa from Laredo, Texas. I know what you are talking about. If I recall you are out around Bremerton, or Ft. Lewis. I am up in Bellingham, and I haven't done much hunting other than here and Ellensburg/Moses lake area.
Mad4ducks
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting