Lake Lavon

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

Lake Lavon

Postby AggieEMT » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:09 pm

I scouted Lavon yesterday... I first went by the Corps of Engineers office and they said that the lake is so low that Twin Groves and Caddo Park boat ramps are closed. Water under the west 3286 bridge around Branch was so low that you could drive down in the lakebed below it. Unless we get LOTS of rain and some cold weather to push some ducks down, it's not going to be a good year around here.

I did, however see lots of ducks around Avalon Park. The downside is that the people who own the pond they were on probably wouldn't be receptive to shooting in their backyard.... :thumbsup:
Whaddya mean duck tape doesn't come from ducks?
AggieEMT
Newb

Postby HTDUCK » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:50 am

Ever heard of an air rifle? :getdown: :mrgreen:
HTDUCK
hunter

Postby lavonduckslayer » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:00 am

I hunted lavon all last year around the lafons grocery area where they are putting in that new bridge and did very well. Lots of mallards and teal. Say several pintails. :spam: We never had a full strap but fun none the less. Went out there this year to scout and there is only one ramp open and no water back in the trees. :pissed: I think the area near 380 will be ok if you want to wait for tickey creek to open at 6. ha ha. :toofunny: Think we are going to try ray bob this year. :umm:
If it flies it dies. What was that, I don't know, shoot it anyways and figure it out later.
lavonduckslayer
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting