Goose hunting

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DoubleBayou, whistlin_wings

Goose hunting

Postby txnhunter » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:25 am

i live near austin and i would really like to go goose hunting does any one know of any public land within a few hours thats pretty good or would like to go goose hunting with me
we didnt get to the top of the food chain by bein vegetarians
txnhunter
hunter

Postby Fester » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:31 pm

Goose hunting and public hunting usually don't come together. Geese prefer planted fields which you don't find on public land to often.
Do you want more ducks?
Click here to join Delta Waterfowl
Fester
hunter

Postby txnhunter » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:06 pm

do u know of any where its cheap or know any farmers that allow hunting
we didnt get to the top of the food chain by bein vegetarians
txnhunter
hunter

Postby Fester » Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:04 pm

txnhunter wrote:do u know of any where its cheap or know any farmers that allow hunting
Other than my lease no. But there are places to be found. Just don't know of any.
Do you want more ducks?
Click here to join Delta Waterfowl
Fester
hunter

Postby Mad4ducks » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:14 pm

Give Falcon Lake a try (Zapata). We have had some good success there hunting the White Fronted Geese (Specks). You will need a boat, and some time to scout. Also don't cross the boundry markers or else you'll be in Mexico. Austin is only about 3 hours to the North of Zapata. there is also some pretty good duck hunting there. Lots of Pintails, Green Wing Teal, a few Wood Ducks, some Mallards and mostly Gadwalls. a friend of mine even shot a beautiful Cinnamon Drake Teal there. Good Luck.[/img]
Mad4ducks
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting