Fired up about duck hunting!

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

Fired up about duck hunting!

Postby Greeeen Wing » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:23 pm

I am a long time **** **** who is fired up about learning the art of duck hunting. I am in Georgetown and am familiar with Granger WMA from many dove hunts. I also have access to some stock tanks in Bartlett area. I am looking to hook up with some others who would be willing to show me the ropes.
Greeeen Wing
Newb

Postby barleydog » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:07 am

I've been around the forum for a while, but this is my first post. I'd be willing to hook up with you to do some hunting. I am also looking to hit Granger. I haven't been able to duck hunt the past few year b/c of my schedule in the Army, but I am starting a job in Austin now, and am looking to pick up where I left off. Not sure that I can promise anything spectacular, but I am drooling at the mouth to crumple some birds this yet. Let me know.
barleydog
hunter

Postby reedp79 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:06 pm

Have yall ever been to the Granger WMA? If so, any luck? Ive talked to a few people on here and a Ranger at the station at Granger that said there were gadwall, redbreasted merganser, some blue bills and ringnecks. This is my first year to try and make it out there so Im curious as to the results. I guess well all find out fairly soon. Im sure well run into one another out there some time.
reedp79
hunter

Postby Greeeen Wing » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:31 am

Barleydog, ready to go next weekend. I'll be trying Granger and heard that walk-in access at box 3 (next to the radar tower) is good. If anyone wants to meet Sat. 11/12 for an afternoon hunt let me know. I am very new, my first hunt will be tomorrow! Looking to learn from some others who are fired up!
Greeeen Wing
Newb

Postby reedp79 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:10 pm

Hows was your luck at Granger WMA. I was out there today and saw quite a few ducks, mostly teal and gadwall. Didnt get any though, to high and not decoying. Although I think it should be a fairly good season out there. Especially when more ducks come into the area. Overall, this being my first time out there I was pretty happy with what I saw, my shooting on the other hand...
reedp79
hunter

Postby barleydog » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:43 pm

Green Wing-

This next weekend will not work. I will be moving this weekend. Sorry. Went out this morning. Had 6 birds total today come to the dekes. 3 before shooting time and 3 during. Came home with two.
barleydog
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting