North Texas Scouting Report - Cooper Lake

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DoubleBayou, whistlin_wings

North Texas Scouting Report - Cooper Lake

Postby wildphilhickup » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:05 am

Howdy!

It's gonna be a very dry opener.

Cooper Lake

- South End is high and dry. Ran into some deer hunters. They seen seven deer that morning. Report is that almost 300 hogs have been trapped out of this area this year.

- West Side is also dry. Lots of vegetation. It should be great huntin' if it ever gets water. If you walk east for about 2 miles you hit some water. Very few ducks. Bow hunters are doing fair on hogs. Not very good for deer.

- North Side has some water. Mostly Mud! Very few ducks.

- East Side ???

*** If you plan to hunt Cooper, I would recommned a boat at the North side, and work your way into the trees.
Wild Phil Hick Up - owner / trainer of 2 Labrador Retrievers. Colt Lightning, STUD, Age 9, and Molly Koh Lange, Age 2 / My Deceased Friends - Jody - Age 9 (cancer), Cody - Age 16 (8/22/06 - old age) and Jazz - Age 9 (8/1/06 - cancer)
wildphilhickup
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:39 am

wild, i am gonna move this to the texas forum for you. i think it'll be more appreciated there.
Talk 'em into givin' up!

It's easier to get forgiveness than it is permission!
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby txduckn » Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:16 pm

Thanks,
It was tearing me up that I couldn't hunt opening weekend, but I feel a little relief knowing that. I was a bit worried about the water level. Thanks again for the report.
txduckn
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting