Granger WMA duck hunting

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DoubleBayou, whistlin_wings

Granger WMA duck hunting

Postby reedp79 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:57 pm

Hello everyone,
Im new to this site, but it looked like everyone had a bunch of good advice of duck hunting. Anyways, has anyone ever duck hunted on the Granger WMA, Ive been out there a couple of times and done minimal scouting, but didnt know if anyone has ever had success there? Also, any one spot better than the other out there? I was thinking about parking by entry point 2 in the "Sore Finger Unit" and either hunting that pond by the road or going closer in towards the main body of the lake. Are these decent spots or are there others that might work? :withstupid: Any advice would be great as ive never hunted this WMA, only areas of Ray Roberts.
reedp79
hunter

Postby dav42070 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:39 pm

Anything you can hunt thats [BY THE ROAD] is prolly gonna be crowded, if your stuck to doing walkins on public land. I would suggest finding the hardest to reach areas on the lake and go from there. If its easy to get to your gonna have to deal with idiot's which in my opinion can completly ruin my hunt.
dav42070
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting