What type of ducks to look for on lake fork...

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DoubleBayou, whistlin_wings

What type of ducks to look for on lake fork...

Postby mallardmangler » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:01 pm

Im planning on hunting lake fork this weekend. Last season i hit it twice before the season ended. All i shot was mostly shovlers and 2 canvasbacks. What type of ducks are usually seen on lake fork?
mallardmangler
hunter

Postby RedTx » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:04 pm

All kinds Its a lake. Seriously It should hold all kinds of ducks, but if you havent been on it since last year how would you know? Scouting is the key
Do you believe in the MEAN GREEN
RedTx
State Moderator

Postby mallardmangler » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:08 pm

Redtx, i see your a mean green fan, im in my senior year there. Schools gonna be tuff this season with all the hunting im gonna do. GO MEAN GREEN!!!
mallardmangler
hunter

Postby RedTx » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:20 pm

Good luck to you man. I hear ya it is tough to get in some hunts. I was working 38 hours a week taking 15 hours that last semester. Want to talk about a beatch. Spare time was spent with wife to be. Extra spare time was spent hunting.

Yeah I'm a UNT fan, too bad they suck. Probably make it to the bowl again, but we couldn't hang with anyone outside our conference. Take Tulsa for example.
Do you believe in the MEAN GREEN
RedTx
State Moderator

Postby mallardmangler » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:25 pm

a year and a half ago i lost my mind for 3 semester and went to OU. Talk about big football town. Being back home and going to unt i havent paid much attention to the mean green football team. not as much spirit at unt, but hey its better then being in oklahoma!! SOONERS SUCK!!
mallardmangler
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting