Laguna Madre 2009

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

Re: Laguna Madre 2009

Postby Bustintheirazz » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:33 pm

There is no doubt that scouting pays off. Unfortunately, i haven't been hunting much do to what i have seen while scouting....haha. Been doing a lot of hunting up until the past week or so, 3-4 cold fronts, not anything out here right now. Supposed to be -2 tonight, and Im not that angry at the birds (if theres any left). So from an avid hunter who hunts 4-5 times a week, i havent been hunting much here lately.

These continuous pissing matches and whose d*** is bigger needs to be handled at the right time and place. In the middle of someone elses thread is not the place. If you have a serious problem with someone, were all "grown" up, handle it in a pm not in the middle of someone elses post
"were professionals"
Bustintheirazz
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:02 pm

Shooting that kind of variety looks like it would be a fun hunt.
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Postby CCducker » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:26 pm

Bustintheirazz wrote:There is no doubt that scouting pays off. Unfortunately, i haven't been hunting much do to what i have seen while scouting....haha. Been doing a lot of hunting up until the past week or so, 3-4 cold fronts, not anything out here right now. Supposed to be -2 tonight, and Im not that angry at the birds (if theres any left). So from an avid hunter who hunts 4-5 times a week, i havent been hunting much here lately.

These continuous pissing matches and whose d*** is bigger needs to be handled at the right time and place. In the middle of someone elses thread is not the place. If you have a serious problem with someone, were all "grown" up, handle it in a pm not in the middle of someone elses post

Agreed...

Its why I have stopped amusing him on this thread, I shoot ducks, I have a good group of friends to do it with, and I could care less what watson or any one of his buddies says about it. I have never met the man in person and have never said a bad word about him unless spoken badly too first, it really is a little odd how he stalks my every move on this forum. :huh:

Again bufflebuster sorry this thread has been so badly hijacked. :thumbsup:
The Producers

People ask me what duck hunting is
I tell them its cold, its muddy, its bloody, and its early as hell in the morning....you will hate every second of it. Me? I love it...
CCducker
hunter

Postby BuffleBuster » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:22 pm

You don’t owe me any apologies. This forum is just like any other I’m a member of. There’s always some excitement now and then. It’s to be expected I guess. I love hunting the Laguna Madre for the very reasons others are bored of it, I suppose. I like shooting limits of red heads and pin tails with the occasional widgeon, merganser, bufflehead, teal, dove & black duck mixed in. If I want a challenging hunt I target one species like the bufflehead. Then you really need to scout, set up for that species and have a lot of patients. But the Laguna with its big water charm is perfect for shooting a lot of shells, eating Whataburger taquitos with a warm cup of coffee and playing songs on my duck calls while we blast brain dead ducks. It’s good hunting without taking anything toooooo serious. I have taken friends for their first real duck hunt and they always have that jaw dropping look when the big flocks of ducks fly over. What can I say, I don’t want to be a guide, I just want to kill ducks.

Pass the habanero sauce!
BuffleBuster
hunter

Postby WildDuckman » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:09 am

Know any guides in the area that are known for putting clients on the birds. My dad and I are wanting to make a trip there next year. Thx.
WildDuckman
hunter

Postby Pouledeau » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:33 pm

CCducker wrote:
texan68 wrote:
Greenheadless wrote:It is cool to experience that, but if you live there, it gets old quick.

lol agreed. redheads, redheads, pintails, redheads, redheads, pintails, ooooooooo a widgeon!!!, redheads, redheads, redheads....

Funny and very true...

but

Only if you dont scout :yes:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ... ! I heard some REALLY, really entertaining stories about you last week bro ... ! REALLY entertaining ...
Pouledeau
hunter

Postby Duck Collector » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:21 pm

Pouledeau wrote:
CCducker wrote:
texan68 wrote:
Greenheadless wrote:It is cool to experience that, but if you live there, it gets old quick.

lol agreed. redheads, redheads, pintails, redheads, redheads, pintails, ooooooooo a widgeon!!!, redheads, redheads, redheads....

Funny and very true...

but

Only if you dont scout :yes:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ... ! I heard some REALLY, really entertaining stories about you last week bro ... ! REALLY entertaining ...

We found a spot a few years back snd killed a 5 man limit of pintails and wigeon...didnt see a single red head or blue bill
1860 Go Devil boat draging a 35GDSD
Hooked on Quack
Duck Collector
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:44 pm

I feel for you. lol
Ill trade Montanas, mallard mallard mallard ooh widgeon, mallard mallard mallard mallard mallard mallard oooh pintail mallard mallard mallard mallard mallard mallard ......any time you want.
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Previous

Return to Texas Duck Hunting