rayburn

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

rayburn

Postby duckslayer16 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:17 pm

has anyone hunted on rayburn this year and have you had any luck?
duckslayer16
hunter

Postby WattaSwatta » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:28 pm

no
WattaSwatta
Newb

Postby justhrowit » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:15 pm

WattaSwatta wrote:no

No you haven't hunted rayburn...no you haven't had any luck.

I've been looking for some new waters to hunt as the water I usually hunt is.....well, it's pretty much gone! Anyhow....I'm going try and get to Rayburn this weekend with the canoe and check out the water conditions. I'll probably brng a rod with me for the heck of it! We'll see if I can get up there or not..... Been the story of this season! If I can make it up there, I'll post back!

Jay
justhrowit
hunter

Postby WattaSwatta » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:27 pm

No, I haven't hunted there. Therefore, I haven't had any luck.....
WattaSwatta
Newb

Postby TXskilletwacker » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:29 am

most of the reports that i've heard haven't been good...but hey, that's been the last several years! to hunt anything other than divers and coots on rayburn, you really have to find the sloughs and flooded timber. this year with the water being so low, it's hard to find birds (on public land) without some goofball setting up right next to you :pissed: ! been seeing alot more birds on ponds and creeks this year. the birds are here somewhere, it's just a matter of finding that pot of gold!

good luck guys.
if i could make a scented candle, i'd make call it... gunpowder in the sunrise! or wet dog, swamp mud and gun smoke!
TXskilletwacker
hunter

Postby TXskilletwacker » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:43 pm

hunted monday A.M. on northside of lake. lots of big ducks and some divers... hot weather hasn't brought any new birds. everything that is there is wearing sunglasses, bathing suites and tanning oil :cool: . all are very skiddish and deek shy!

i'd suggest sleeping late and fishing!

it's 12-28-05 @ 13:47 and it's a blazing, beautiful 69 degrees outside!
if i could make a scented candle, i'd make call it... gunpowder in the sunrise! or wet dog, swamp mud and gun smoke!
TXskilletwacker
hunter

Postby wrp » Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:23 pm

been hunting rayburn all season,been doing fairly good.this warm weather has got me in the fishing mood.hunt all over rayburn,t-bend,dam-b and
coast.
wrp
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting