FB Widgeon Decoys (Now Available)

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

FB Widgeon Decoys (Now Available)

Postby Blue Collar Decoys » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:27 am

We are proud to release the 1st American Made Realistic Production Full Body Widgeon Decoy on the market! We hope you all are as excited as us to put these decoys to use. We are now taking orders on the Widgeon and expect to be releasing our/your Mallard Decoys later this month.

Visit us at www.BlueCollarDecoys.com to check out the decoys. The store is completely customized; therefore you pick the positions, sex, and species you want. We have also included three field photos showing different situations the decoys can be used in. Each decoy comes with stakes, feet, and a motion system.

www.BlueCollarDecoys.com

Blue Collar Decoys
DHC Sponsor

Re: FB Widgeon Decoys (Now Available)

Postby aggiechiro » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:32 am

they are indeed realistic.
Gig 'em!
aggiechiro
hunter

Postby rptrainer » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:32 pm

Very nice...What are they made of
rptrainer
hunter

Postby Whiskey & Me » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:26 pm

rptrainer wrote:Very nice...What are they made of

They are plastic I believe...Last I recall, they are having a introductory sale, and they aren't too much off what a harvester pack costs!

I will agree, they look good...

BTW, we don't get too many eurasion widgeon in TEXAS... :hi:

J.J.
Whiskey & Me
hunter

Postby aggiechiro » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:01 pm

Whiskey & Me wrote:BTW, we don't get too many eurasion widgeon in TEXAS... :hi:

J.J.

agreed, but i while i have not personally shot 1 i have seen(in person) 3 taken in the last 5 seasons. not a lot, but they do showup.
Gig 'em!
aggiechiro
hunter

Postby AAR » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:56 pm

They do look really good. We don't have the euro's like the west coast but I'd kill to see a flock like there no matter where I was at :sniper:

Eric
It's not just a bird mount, it's a Schmitty Bird Mount
AAR
Forum Moderator

Postby Tiihunter » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:43 pm

Any one bought these? care to write a review? I like the color as advertised, but wonder how it looks in person and also curious about the weight? Web site say "about 1 lb each"

In the pictures above it looks like there is a VERY obvious mold line going down the center of the head & body, for an expensive decoy it seems to me this would/sould be trimmed off prior to painting?
Tiihunter
hunter

Postby Bigredman5223 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:14 pm

I have a dozen of these. They are awesome. I'd say they are about a pound each. I could post pcs of mine if you want. Blue collar decoys are awesome. I have pintails, gadwalls, and the widgeon. The paint is ultra realistic and poses are great. The best fb decoy out there. Oh and there aren't any mold lines on them that I can recall. They have changed molds now and molding processes.

If anyone is interested, the new mallards are going to be released soon. You should see their new speck decoys!!! Great company with awesome customer service. Y'all give them a try.
2013-14 SEASON HURRY UP AND GET HERE!!!

GIG' EM AGGIES
Bigredman5223
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting