Anyone hunt at Third Coast Outfitters?

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DoubleBayou, whistlin_wings

Anyone hunt at Third Coast Outfitters?

Postby CUTEM » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:09 pm

Anyone out there hunt with this outfit? Looking for some honest feed back, thanks.
CUTEM
hunter

Re: Anyone hunt at Third Coast Outfitters?

Postby aggiechiro » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:30 pm

i have not hunted with them. i have met some of their guys and thought they were honest knowledgeable folks. i have a co-worker who went with them once and had nothing bad to say. personally i'd reccomend calling them up, see if personalities match and if what they offer is what you want. no guide can control weather or birds, so if thats what you want expect to be disappointed whoever you go with. if you just want a specific hunt or experience, well that they may be able to help you plan.
Gig 'em!
aggiechiro
hunter

Postby oneshot-duckdown » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:51 pm

personally I think a better choice all around would be Bay Prairie Outfitters and ask for David Sohrt to be your guide. Or just as good would be Grey Feather Adventures. and hunt with Chuck Leaman or Jeff Fisher
oneshot-duckdown
hunter

Postby jetdrive » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:34 pm

have hunted with them for years and they used to be a good outfitter until change of owners. There leases is horrible and guided hunts are just as bad. If your going on a guided hunt I would ask for Nick to be your guide. I'm not going to beat them up to bad but I would stay away.
jetdrive
hunter

Postby chuck leaman » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:00 am

I have 2 season lease groups with Third Coast and work with them on goose hunts. Grey Feather doesnt offer waterfowl leases and never will. We will just stick with doves and guided goose hunts. Thanks for the props though. My season lease group had a great year last year. Killed alot of ducks. We had alot of folks wanting to join us so I had to form another group.
chuck leaman
Newb

Postby astro » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:48 pm

Third coast is good people and good hunting just my .02
astro
Newb

Postby duckhuntr35 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:59 pm

I have personally hunted with Nick & Randy and have had some good hunts and some horrible hunts but no one can control the birds or weather , besides Nick had one of my choc. pups till he get her run over , I just bred her mother back to Hanks Prophet , so I will have another good batch of babies to train this year. Teal are starting to show up on our ponds south of Dallas
If you aint duck huntin you should be !!
duckhuntr35
hunter

Postby BMowatt » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:40 pm

hunted with them for 2 years, going back for another if I can get home before the season ends. Plenty of places to hunt and plenty of birds,
BMowatt
hunter

Postby villithekid » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:35 pm

Very Good outfitter and people to go along with it. Hunted with them as a lease member for 4 years now and am very much looking forward to the 11-12 season. TCO puts alot of resouces into leasing the best possible land each year and if a piece is not produceing within a year or 2, other land is sought. Randy and Nick have always been a pleasure to hunt with and share information with. I've had 30 bird days with them and even a 0 day or 2 but this is "hunting" and it's always fun.
The acorn buses are getting tuned up as we speak!
villithekid
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting