Cyber Scouting Ray Roberts

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

Cyber Scouting Ray Roberts

Postby Ronb » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:36 am

Now that I have everyone's attention. I am interested in getting up to Ray Roberts this weekend but not to duck hunt. I would like to take my boy squirrel hunting and was wondering if there are any places on Ray Roberts that are better than others? I also don't want to trip over any duck hunters before noon. Since it is the last weekend to deer hunt I do not want to go to any WMA's that offer deer hunting. Thanks for all the help and everyone have a great 2006.
Ronb
hunter

Postby dav42070 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:42 am

try the areas of off horshoe rd the ponds out there are dry, so you wont see duckhunters I would walk the creek where all the big trees are. this area is on the east side of the lake. gl
dav42070
hunter

Postby Ronb » Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:45 am

Thanks for the info. I will give it a try.
Ronb
hunter

HUNTING

Postby BHUNTER » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:05 pm

I WENT LAST WEEKEND AND DID NOT SEE ANYTHING, SQUIRRELS, RABITTS, QUAIL, DUCKS, NOTHING, I THINK IT HAS BEEN HUNTED TO MUCH, I WENT TO BOTH SIDES NORTH AND SOUTH,
BHUNTER
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting