Imposter Warning - Texas Panhandle

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DoubleBayou, whistlin_wings

Imposter Warning - Texas Panhandle

Postby wildphilhickup » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:19 am

Just got back from anotrher trip to the panhandle.

There is a BARNIE out there that is impersonating a Game Warden.

My take is that he does not like hunters.

He told my son and I that he was a Texas Game Warden.

When I asked for his credentials, he refused to present them.

He drives a beige colored Dodge Ram Truck.

He is ~55 years of age, 5'7" and ~140 pounds.

We had stopped along CR4163 between Haskell and Knox City to let the dogs out for a quick break.

He drove up and asked if we were with a guide, and then asked if we were quail hunting.

He said he was a TEXAS Game Warden.

He asked to see our licenses. We obliged.

He said we would be cited for tresspassing. ???

We were on a County Road.

I will be filing a criminal complaint with Austin on Tuesday.

SO, PLEASE BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!
Wild Phil Hick Up - owner / trainer of 2 Labrador Retrievers. Colt Lightning, STUD, Age 9, and Molly Koh Lange, Age 2 / My Deceased Friends - Jody - Age 9 (cancer), Cody - Age 16 (8/22/06 - old age) and Jazz - Age 9 (8/1/06 - cancer)
wildphilhickup
hunter

Postby TXwaterfowler » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:52 pm

Well Like they say.. It takes all kinds to make a world turn!! :eek:
TXwaterfowler
hunter

Postby Whistlebritches » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:01 pm

He is a game warden,a retired federal game warden.

A retired federal game warden is still a game warden but he does not have to be an ass,however he can make your life miserable.He is still required to present ID upon request.Old fart probaly didn't have it on him or I promise he will throw it in your face.
NON SIBI SED PATRIAE
Whistlebritches
hunter

Retired = No authority

Postby wildphilhickup » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:43 am

Only under special provisions does a retired "police" authority contiune to hold the power of authority and the responsibilities as an active duty "police" authority.

This person does NOT.
Wild Phil Hick Up - owner / trainer of 2 Labrador Retrievers. Colt Lightning, STUD, Age 9, and Molly Koh Lange, Age 2 / My Deceased Friends - Jody - Age 9 (cancer), Cody - Age 16 (8/22/06 - old age) and Jazz - Age 9 (8/1/06 - cancer)
wildphilhickup
hunter

Postby alducks1 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:22 pm

Sounds like another hunter trying to discourage people from hunting his favorite public hunting place... :cool:
You can never have enough camo!
alducks1
hunter

Postby TXskilletwacker » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:53 pm

that guy probably had someone else insult his manhood, huntin dog or his momma and needed to boost his ego! i've known a few GW's and ran into a FedGW once, not all are likable guys, but some can be a big help. :yes:

had a buddy who experienced a similar situation. the river was out of banks (two foot over a regular 3 strand bwire fence), so there was plenty of public water to hunt as long as they remained in their boat. the land owner showed up (who was a retired GW) and said he was placing them under arrest for tresspassing, while waving his retired badge all over the place. :pissed:

anyway, they about got into a steel swap over who was right vs wrong... turned out that the hunters had the right to hunt the property (as long as they never set foot on the ground), since navagatable, public water crossed the property line.
if i could make a scented candle, i'd make call it... gunpowder in the sunrise! or wet dog, swamp mud and gun smoke!
TXskilletwacker
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting