Bling Bling

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

Bling Bling

Postby reedp79 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:57 pm

Shot this Pintail today, and to my suprise it was banded! This will be my first one to add to my lanyard. Best part of it was, it was the first duck of the day and the first time we shot out of the new boat blind which had just been finished the day before. Still have a few mods and more grass to add, but Im hoping that this is a good omen of things to come.

reedp79
hunter

Postby txnhunter » Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:14 pm

nice. havent hadnt gotten a banded bird myself yet. but the boat looks pretty nice soo far. where was that?
we didnt get to the top of the food chain by bein vegetarians
txnhunter
hunter

Postby reedp79 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:35 pm

Out at Granger Lake this morning
reedp79
hunter

Postby txnhunter » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:00 pm

were you out there this mornin (monday) near the sore finger i heard and kinda saw it was still dark a trollin boat
txnhunter
hunter

Postby reedp79 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:39 pm

No, I wish I was out there yesterday. Ive never hunted during the week, only on weekends. How did you do yesterday (Monday), any luck? Hopefully this front blew some more birds in for the last two weekends.
reedp79
hunter

Postby txnhunter » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:32 pm

it was pretty good the weather was perfect cloudy windy rainin but not pourin. coulda been a little colder but it was chillin. saw alot of ducks 50 or 60 atleast but they just werent decoyin for us. i had about 25 deeks and a mojo but every time theyd start to circle and get spooked. and some hunters that were about 200 yrds off everytime a duck would look like it was gonna come in they start callin and spook them. but it was still a good mornin
txnhunter
hunter

Postby reedp79 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:20 pm

Ive been out there a couple times and also gotten skunked. Course only once was from lack of ducks, the rest were due to poor shooting. After the seasons over I dont know what Ill do with myself until next year, I guess Ill just be surfing the forums counting down till next season.
reedp79
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting