Gadwall

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

Gadwall

Postby Joel » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:34 pm

Is anyone seeing pintails , greenheads , teal , Ect... All im seeing are gadwall big flocks 200 at a time all ive shot in the past 3 weeks Gadwall not complaing but like to see some color.
make sure you scrach my Cooder, tickle my Cricket and feed Jake <thats my pups>
Joel
hunter

Postby TXwaterfowler » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:11 am

Ya!!

I was down at my lake yesterday afternoon digging on it while the water is still low. I drove down there with the tractor and gosh there was about 200+ birds took off. Mallards, Woodies, Pintails, Gadwalls, and a small group of Teal. Also had some Bluebills and Redheads. :thumbsup: Not trying to brag but I couldnt belive it my self it was cool.
TXwaterfowler
hunter

Postby Old Man » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:14 pm

Down along the coast where I hunt, I have been mostly bagging gadwalds and teal. However, I have been seeing lots of other ducks. Pintails, Spoonies, a few Widgens, and all sorts of divers. The only Mallards (about 20) that I have seen all season, were sitting in a large puddle of run-off rain water less that 50ft from Hwy 290 near Waller.
Old Man
hunter

gadwall

Postby marshwhacker » Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:02 pm

seeing thousands of teal last six hunt we made came back with limits of teal every time we shot a lot of greys early in the season
marshwhacker
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting