south texas

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

south texas

Postby rwatson » Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:35 pm

what's up. new to the forum. anyone livin around the south texas (corpus) area? jw how many ppl are close to me. i'm in cc. just goin to college and hunting and fishing are what i do. duck huntin around here is awesome if ya get the scoutin done. been reading quite a few posts, lots of good info.
rwatson
Membership permanently suspended

Close to You ?

Postby wildphilhickup » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:15 pm

:getdown:

"how many ppl are close to me"

The only people that I let get close to me are women!

:toofunny:
Wild Phil Hick Up - owner / trainer of 2 Labrador Retrievers. Colt Lightning, STUD, Age 9, and Molly Koh Lange, Age 2 / My Deceased Friends - Jody - Age 9 (cancer), Cody - Age 16 (8/22/06 - old age) and Jazz - Age 9 (8/1/06 - cancer)
wildphilhickup
hunter

South Texas

Postby SupermagSlick » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:04 pm

I am taking a job in Kingsville and will be moving down to the area from Dallas within a month if all goes well. I am hoping to live somewhere between Kingsville and Corpus Christi when I finally get settled in. As far as hunting-should I find a guide the first few times? I dont know the area at all, so it will be hard to know where to begin scouting.
SupermagSlick
hunter

CC

Postby TXwaterfowl » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:07 pm

I am somewhat close to you. The only place I really hunt is Aransas Pass-Rockport, Port Aransas area. I catch alot of fish down there too. Reds, specks, flounder and kings, dolphin, ling, and snapper offshore. I am thinkin about movin down there somewhere but not sure yet. You are right, the huntin is spectacular in that area if you do your scoutin! :getdown:
TXwaterfowl
hunter

CC

Postby TXwaterfowl » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:08 pm

I am somewhat close to you. The only place I really hunt is Aransas Pass-Rockport, Port Aransas area. I catch alot of fish down there too. Reds, specks, flounder and kings, dolphin, ling, and snapper offshore. I am thinkin about movin down there somewhere but not sure yet. You are right, the huntin is spectacular in that area if you do your scoutin! :getdown:
TXwaterfowl
hunter

Postby rwatson » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:29 am

supermag, it's usually not too hard to find the ducks around corpus. lots of divers so look for where they are rafting or look for smaller bodies of water that they are using. haven't hunted around kingsville much so I don't know that area, but I think if you want to hunt public ground you'll have to head north to aransass or port a. you can hunt anywhere out in the laguna and there are plenty of ducks there.
rwatson
Membership permanently suspended

Postby shocktroop » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:25 pm

Theres a pretty good public WMA out by Tivoli. You can pass shoot by the shore, or a little inland there are some good ponds that draw in birds, I hunted it quite a few times and did well. Never really got too crowded, but get there early to reserve your aspot to be sure. All of the spots are walking distance also.
shocktroop
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting