Galveston Bay

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

Galveston Bay

Postby ETXDuckMaster » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:31 pm

Does anyone know if it is legal to hunt in Galveston Bay and if so what is the hunting like there? What kind of birds do you normally get in there?
"Take a child hunting and fishing to pass on a the tradition. Show them the way to treat mother nature and her surroundings."
ETXDuckMaster
hunter

galveston bay

Postby marshwhacker » Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:00 pm

i had a buddy go huntin down by galveston somewhere i dont know if it was galveston bay. but is it public property like a wildlife refuge or does the state own it.
marshwhacker
hunter

Galveston Bay

Postby ETXDuckMaster » Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:03 pm

There is Anuhuac National Wildlife Refuge you can hunt on but I am looking for somewhere to actually hunt in the Bay itself.
"Take a child hunting and fishing to pass on a the tradition. Show them the way to treat mother nature and her surroundings."
ETXDuckMaster
hunter

galveston bay

Postby marshwhacker » Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:21 pm

yea i've hunted anahuac NWR good huntin but its crazy between gettin there early and racin to your spot i've never hunted the bay i'll try to find some info for you
marshwhacker
hunter

galveston bay

Postby marshwhacker » Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:04 pm

man i've been looking and it ain't looking too good there no place that i could find that said you could hunt it
marshwhacker
hunter

Galveston

Postby ETXDuckMaster » Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:51 pm

Thanks I am going to try to keep looking my self. If you come up on anything e-mail me at christopher.renfro@us.army.mil thanks.
Chris
ETXDuckMaster
hunter

Postby playaxplorer » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:36 am

you can call TPWD and they will be able to give you a definite yes or no.
"That's a big bird." "Really i thought he'd be more yellow!"
playaxplorer
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting