***New to Texas People***

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DoubleBayou, whistlin_wings

Postby Crazy Matt » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:06 pm

All you new to Texas people should hang out and hunt together. That is all.

:fingerhead:
Call, Kill, Consume.
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert

Re: ***New to Texas People***

Postby justinmi » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Good advice TX, ha. One thing that might help any newbs to the sport or to Texas for that matter is go to Academy Sports and buy the book Texas Waterfowl by Chester Moore. This book will tell you tips and tactics to bagging some ducks, public places to hunt, and also the gear you will need to start duck hunting. Red this book 4 years ago as a newb and now I drive across the state with my go devil in tow smackin quackers. Good luck gents! Read it quick, teal season is closing in fast!
Lifetime Band Count 2008-Present: 1
justinmi
hunter

Postby CutEm214 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:52 pm

justinmi wrote:Good advice TX, ha. One thing that might help any newbs to the sport or to Texas for that matter is go to Academy Sports and buy the book Texas Waterfowl by Chester Moore. This book will tell you tips and tactics to bagging some ducks, public places to hunt, and also the gear you will need to start duck hunting. Red this book 4 years ago as a newb and now I drive across the state with my go devil in tow smackin quackers. Good luck gents! Read it quick, teal season is closing in fast!

Book sales down, Chester? :hi:
CutEm214
hunter

Postby Crazy Matt » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:21 am

Seriously though.
Call, Kill, Consume.
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert

Postby TallTexan » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:30 am

TX_WATERFOWL wrote:All you new to Texas people should hang out and hunt together. That is all.

What's this suppose to mean?
TallTexan
hunter

Postby Crazy Matt » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:01 am

TallTexan wrote:
TX_WATERFOWL wrote:All you new to Texas people should hang out and hunt together. That is all.

Exactly what it says.
Last edited by Crazy Matt on Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call, Kill, Consume.
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert

Postby whistlin_wings » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:20 pm

TallTexan wrote:

Or consolidate your new to Texas threads and give me your spot threads. Be a lot easier for all the new people to find all the information others are dumb enough willing to give out.
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby Crazy Matt » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:03 pm

whistlin_wings wrote:
TallTexan wrote:

Or consolidate your new to Texas threads and give me your spot threads. Be a lot easier for all the new people to find all the information others are dumb enough willing to give out.

Exactly my point, just tired of seeing a new thread every day that says..."NEW TO TEXAS!" Why would we tell you all our hunting spots, that we worked our ass off to find? Go to TPWD, get a map, get a boat, and go scout. Not trying to be an a d1ck about it, but go out and put in the work that duck hunting requires.
Call, Kill, Consume.
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert

Postby honestcharlie56 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:12 pm

LOL, a duck hunting forum where the members don't wanna talk about duck hunting. I love it. I know I probably didnt help anything with my thread but hey, I'm not new to Texas or new to huntin. When somebody is askin for a little bit of free advice, maybe he isnt asking you do donate your life savings and them some. Just maybe a, "Hey don't bother going to ........, I've never seen ducks there".
honestcharlie56
hunter

Postby whistlin_wings » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:46 pm

People don't mind talking ducks but when your first and typically only post is I just moved here where can I hunt isn't a good start. Scroll down to the first five posts and you can see where people ask for help on supplies and people help. Then you have group b that says I'm new here where is a good place to hunt.
We've all been there. I've moves 4 times in the last 5 years and managed to scout each time by going to twpd and the corps websites then hop on google earth then put in some windshield time.

I've made plenty of friends on here and had the privilege of hunting with 4 people already that I've met on here and helped them as much as they've helped me
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby Crazy Matt » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:50 pm

honestcharlie56 wrote:LOL, a duck hunting forum where the members don't wanna talk about duck hunting. I love it. I know I probably didnt help anything with my thread but hey, I'm not new to Texas or new to huntin. When somebody is askin for a little bit of free advice, maybe he isnt asking you do donate your life savings and them some. Just maybe a, "Hey don't bother going to ........, I've never seen ducks there".

HA! First of all, I never once said I don't enjoy talking about duck hunting because I do. You apparently didn't read my post. I said I don't enjoy sharing the spots where I have scouted and found birds. No one here is going to give you their "honey hole."

You said you aren't new to Texas, but I did a little research and found your first post and this is what it said:

"Just moved here from south LA, just trying to find some good duck huntin spots around here. Would LOVE to buy alittle bit of beer one night to get the low down on where the good huntin is!!

-Nick"
Call, Kill, Consume.
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert

Postby Crazy Matt » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:54 pm

If someone asks about gear, terrain, or typical weather conditions in Texas I am all for helping them. Don't be an internet scouter, put in the time like everyone else does. Duck hunters are a different breed. Quit asking for an Obama handout.
Call, Kill, Consume.
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert

Postby honestcharlie56 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:52 pm

Yeop, did in fact just move here from south LA. I was born here in Texas and all of my family lives here so I have spent alot of time here anyway..........not new to Texas. Look nothing personal guys, but y'all get way to worked up. An Obama handout? Like I said earlier, I'm not lookin for your honey hole.........just the coordinates!!! JUST KIDDING!!!
honestcharlie56
hunter

Postby Crazy Matt » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:07 pm

Not mad at all. Go ask your local game warden or your kinfolk.
Call, Kill, Consume.
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert

Postby honestcharlie56 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:18 pm

Hey, game warden is a great idea and I appreciate it. First rounds on me and I promise not to ask about any more duck spots. :beer:
honestcharlie56
hunter

Postby TallTexan » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:06 pm

TX_WATERFOWL wrote:
TallTexan wrote:

Exactly what it says.

Im it not new to TX or duck hunting for that matter, but I am new to this forum. If its filled with dicks lick you I prolly won't be around long. I wasn't aware people were stating threads about where to hunt. Even if they do you could give a brief report of a general area or not. I'm sure no one is asking for you gps coordinates.
TallTexan
hunter

Postby whistlin_wings » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:13 pm

Most don't stay. They post 1 or 2 times then leave.

Example of a good first post "i know people always get all bent out of shape when people ask about hunting spots and what not. I'm just trying to find people that need or would like someone to hunt with"

I haven't seen anyone looking to talk about ducks just people asking for help. Start a thread if you want to discuss something
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby bighop » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:32 pm

TallTexan wrote:Im it not new to TX or duck hunting for that matter, but I am new to this forum. If its filled with dicks lick you I prolly won't be around long. I wasn't aware people were stating threads about where to hunt. Even if they do you could give a brief report of a general area or not. I'm sure no one is asking for you gps coordinates.

Freudian slip?
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
bighop
Sugar Daddy

Postby flightstopper » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:49 am

Maybe this will help ease the pain for the new crowd.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342003784.448357.jpg
Indaswamp wrote:
Bgold wrote:Finally just got to use mah .45 on a living thing...

you named your junk .45???? :huh:
flightstopper
hunter

Postby TallTexan » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:27 am

bighop wrote:
TallTexan wrote:I'm not new to TX or duck hunting for that matter, but I am new to this forum. If its filled with dicks like you I probably won't be around long. I wasn't aware people were starting threads about where to hunt. Even if they do, you could give a brief report of a general area or not. I'm sure no one is asking for you gps coordinates.

Freudian slip?

Nope. I was typing laying down, and going to bed. Corrected my error as well.
TallTexan
hunter

Postby Crazy Matt » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:31 am

TallTexan wrote:
TX_WATERFOWL wrote:
TallTexan wrote:

Exactly what it says.

Im it not new to TX or duck hunting for that matter, but I am new to this forum. If its filled with dicks lick you I prolly won't be around long. I wasn't aware people were stating threads about where to hunt. Even if they do you could give a brief report of a general area or not. I'm sure no one is asking for you gps coordinates.

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Get over it, I told a guy to go scout, which is what duck hunters do to become successful. No one asked for a specific body of water, all they said was..."where are the ducks?" This is very vague.
Call, Kill, Consume.
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert

Postby CutEm214 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:32 am

TallTexan wrote:
TX_WATERFOWL wrote:
TallTexan wrote:

Exactly what it says.

The problem with giving ANY information out on public forum is it feeds those that won't scout and put the work in. Next thing you know, you show up at your favorite WMA and its full of useless, can't do for themselves, jakelegs that will set up within 50 yards of you because, just like they couldn't get off their can to scout, they can't get off their can to figure out how to call, set up dekes or anything else for themselves.

By getting on here to complain about people not sharing info you clearly either A) haven't been out to experience public hunting lately or B) are one of the jakelegs that will be sitting at the edge of my decoy spread trying to shoot birds as they make the turn.
CutEm214
hunter

Postby flightstopper » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:44 am

Naming any public places in general will draw the pitchforks and torches on any duck forum. Don't believe me go try THF and see what warm welcomes you get.
Indaswamp wrote:
Bgold wrote:Finally just got to use mah .45 on a living thing...

you named your junk .45???? :huh:
flightstopper
hunter

Postby Crazy Matt » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:48 am

flightstopper wrote:Naming any public places in general will draw the pitchforks and torches on any duck forum. Don't believe me go try THF and see what warm welcomes you get.

:lol3: :lol3: THIS^

It wouldn't be fair to the guys that hunt those public spots frequently. Here is my tip for the day, go buy your type 2 license and read through the book they provide. :thumbsup:
Call, Kill, Consume.
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert

Postby whistlin_wings » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:05 am

flightstopper wrote:Naming any public places in general will draw the pitchforks and torches on any duck forum. Don't believe me go try THF and see what warm welcomes you get.

Agree. I got banned in 3 posts there for trolling
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Next

Return to Texas Duck Hunting