Roll call

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DoubleBayou, whistlin_wings

Roll call

Postby RedTx » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:36 pm

Well guys its been slow around here. I wish I knew how to spice it up a bit but I dont. Anyway I though this would be fun, or at least find out where everyones from and what they are about. I will start it out and the rest of yall join in.

My name is Sammy and I live in a town a little bit north of Dallas called Flower Mound. I have been married for 5 years and have a 16 month old little boy that is a load of fun.

I have been hunting since I was a little kid. I grew up on a dariy farm near Decatur Tx. My style of duck hunting when I was a kid consisted of jumping a tank :yes: . Probally about 6-7 years ago I had a buddy from tennesse take me on a serious duck hunt. He had decoys, dog, call, and waders. He worked in some fat ole mallards and I have been hooked every since. Its one hell of a drug :thumbsup:

If any of you guys every need something to be a sticky at the top of the page just let me know.
Last edited by RedTx on Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do you believe in the MEAN GREEN
RedTx
State Moderator

Postby greenhead hunter » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:39 pm

My name is Shawn I live in Houston Tx I duck hunt around the matagorda area. Been hunting and fishing all my life got into hunting ducks serious about 5 years ago. Thats when I lost my mind went and bought dozen's and dozen's of decoy's, bought new shotguns, waders, every call they make even though I'am not that great of a caller, bought my lab had her trained. But never reget any of it !
Hoping that maybe this will be the year that I will shoot my first greenhead. It seems like everyone else see's them and shoots em but me. Oh well maybe this willbe my lucky year.
greenhead hunter
hunter

Re: Roll call

Postby dav42070 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:56 pm

RedTx wrote:Well guys its been slow around here. I wish I knew how to spice it up a bit but I dont. Anyway I though this would be fun, or at least find out where everyones from and what they are about. I will start it out and the rest of yall join in.

My name is Sammy and I live in a town a little bit north of Dallas called Flower Mound. I have been married for 5 years and have a 16 month old little boy that is a load of fun.

I have been hunting since I was a little kid. I grew up on a dariy farm near Decatur Tx. My style of duck hunting when I was a kid consisted of jumping a tank :yes: . Probally about 6-7 years ago I had a buddy from tennesse take me on a serious duck hunt. He had decoys, dog, call, and waders. He worked in some fat ole mallards and I have been hooked every since. Its one hell of a drug :thumbsup:

If any of you guys every need something to be a sticky at the top of the page just let me know.
HE'S STILL A TANK JUMPING FOOL :getdown:
dav42070
hunter

Re: Roll call

Postby RedTx » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:12 pm

dav42070 wrote:HE'S STILL A TANK JUMPING FOOL :getdown:
:laughing: Dont let all the cats out of the bag :thumbsup:
RedTx
State Moderator

Postby Skack » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:48 pm

AWWWWW..........ELLLLLLLL YEAH.......Skack in da How-za......

This place just got a little more interesting.... :toofunny: :tounge:
Mallards..........anything is is uncivilized......
Skack
Newb

Postby RedTx » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:00 pm

Skack wrote:AWWWWW..........ELLLLLLLL YEAH.......Skack in da How-za......

This place just got a little more interesting.... :toofunny: :tounge:
:laughing: I think interesting is the key word :yes: :tounge:

Good to have you here Jason :thumbsup:
RedTx
State Moderator

Postby huntingrdr » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:11 pm

Ill go...

My name is Robert Rogers and I live in Southlake,TX. I am 16 years old and hunt small private tanks and every now and then I hunt public.
huntingrdr
hunter

Postby RedTx » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:13 pm

huntingrdr wrote:Ill go...

My name is Robert Rogers and I live in Southlake,TX. I am 16 years old and hunt small private tanks and every now and then I hunt public.
You might get to hunt alot more public come this fall :yes: :thumbsup: What am I talking about I dont even have a boat :laughing:
RedTx
State Moderator

Postby Old Man » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:03 pm

Hello, my name is Stuart and I live in the city of Bellaire, within the city of Houston. I have been bird hunting most of my life. Was big into quail hunting and pionting dogs for a long time. When family demands increased and the quail population decreased, I took up salt water fishing. I still do a lot of fishing, but needed something to do in the winter when fishing is slow, so I took up duck hunting about 3 years ago. I had done some duck hunting in high school and college, but this time the I got bit bad by the duck hunting bug. I mostly hunt public land along the coast.
Old Man
hunter

Postby CrackerJackShot » Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:15 am

Hey guys, I havent been on here in a while.
My name is Casey Durham. Im 19 and I live in Irving, TX. Ive been huntin these ducks since I could handle a shotgun.... wait scratch that, I shot pellet guns at them to jump them up for my dad when they landed and everyonce in a while I clocked em in the head and killed em so I guess that counts. So, since I was about 5 or 6. We now have 277 acres out next to Athens, TX. We have a 28 acre Beaver Pond and a new 18 acre Duck Pond we just made. It is a project to get it as good as possible. Last year it did pretty dang good. You can find me out there EVERY available minute I have!!!
CrackerJackShot
hunter

Postby TXskilletwacker » Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:15 pm

hi'dy, my name is Letney. i live in Lufkin. i started shooting quack about 8 years ago and have been addicted ever since!

i also like deer hunting, hog hunting, bass fishing, crappie fishing, catfishin', love dove hunting (and long, sunset strolls...sorry, couldn't resist it). i have 3 dogs, Nute 6, MCL; Cash 1.7, MGR; Dumplin' (don't ever let your G/f name your dog) .5, FwhiteL. ain't none of them worth knockin in the head though! :hammering:

i am a welder (right now) looking to finish school sometime... :oops: just got engaged to my g/f of 2.3 years. plan to tie the noose, i mean knot in october of '07 (she's still in school). she's the one who says the i've got a serious hunting problem. she likes to go, but says that i'm an obsessive die-hard! i say haaaaaaa-LLLLLLLL yeah! :thumbsup: i'm working on her though, she'll be a tuff one to convert, but she'll eventually break!

looking forward to a (hopefully) good year this year!

give me a shout if you come this way this year. usually hunt public land, try my hardest to stay away from the barneys though.
if i could make a scented candle, i'd make call it... gunpowder in the sunrise! or wet dog, swamp mud and gun smoke!
TXskilletwacker
hunter

Postby txdu05_06 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:09 am

Howdy, My name is Cameron Long and I have been duck hunting for about four years now. I love it. I hunt all over texas from salt marshes to stock ponds in central texas (my favorite) to flooded timber in east Texas. I guided last year with a friend and I also placed in a duck calling contest at the Cabelas in Fort Worth. I am located down near Galveston and I am going out this weekend as a matter of fact to check out the blinds and do some repair. If anybody is down this way and wants to put together a hunt I know some really good public land in Freeport.
txdu05_06
hunter

Postby takemtx » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:11 pm

Uh Oh Sammy looks like I have a new moderator to :umm: :mrgreen: Stumbled upon this place after being the fuge's red headed step child and finally excepting my banishment I'll try to behave myself over here though :hammering:
takemtx
hunter

Postby RedTx » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:42 pm

:laughing: Please do these guys over here are serious about there pg-13 thing. Good to have you here :thumbsup:
RedTx
State Moderator

Postby tilt75 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:34 am

My name is Stephen I'm 23. I live right outside of baytown but I'm buying my first house in baytown within the month. I have been hunting for as long as I can remember. In my family your 1st birthday you get a gun. Im also a big fisher. Duck hunting is my #1 favorite thing even though I dont kill much. Currently work for an anheuser-Busch. Im working on a Bacholer degree from UH Clear Lake. I have a deer lease in Mason but I dont deer hunt any more.
tilt75
hunter

Postby Creedmore » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:02 am

Oh, brother. There goes the neighborhood. Howdy, fellas. :cool: :salude:
Support Delta Waterfowl
www.texasdelta.org
Creedmore
hunter

Postby RedTx » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:28 am

Creedmore wrote:Oh, brother. There goes the neighborhood. Howdy, fellas. :cool: :salude:
Good to have you here :thumbsup:
RedTx
State Moderator

Postby takemtx » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:37 pm

this place ever have any activity Sammy? :thumbsdown:
takemtx
hunter

Postby RedTx » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:28 pm

It picks up a little around the season, but for the most part its pretty slow compared to the fuge. I will say there are quite a few guys over here that are from the fuge they just never post up anything.
RedTx
State Moderator

Postby BFOX » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:53 am

Howdy. My name is Bubba and i live in a small town on Toledo Bend Res. Ive been duck hunting for four years and im completely overboard with it, ( just ask my wife ). Ive got my first dog at the trainers now and i hope to have her back soon because i miss her pretty bad , ( just ask my wife ) . I travel alot for my job so i dont get to hunt at home as much as i would like but i do get to hunt in a lot of different states. Heading out to Washington state in a couple of weeks and will be there until December , they have the fattest greenheads ive ever seen and im hoping to kill my first cinnamon teal. Good luck to all in the coming season . Have yall checked out the other states sights ? Texas is the busiest and friendlier to.
BFOX
hunter

Postby Whiskey & Me » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:17 pm

Hello there!

As most know...

I'm J.J. live on Lake Texoma...Got 3 boat ramps within 1 mile of my office!

I hunt just about everyday...hunted some 70+ days last year...

Oh, 34 years old...and feelin it! Got two dogs...Whiskey and Brandy...and hunt with my boy Brandon quiet often...

J.J.

Pic of Brandy and I...limit of mallards, and Canadas...
Whiskey & Me
hunter

Postby quackinator » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:07 pm

Hi. I'm Philip. I'm 48 and I fix stuff that J.J. breaks. :yes:
quackinator
hunter

Postby waynemorgan » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:21 pm

i am here , my name is wayne i live south of san antonio outside of pleasanton (it bites)i have not done much duck hunting after i moved from oklahoma in 2001.but i will this year i just dont like to go alone..
pleasanton texas,this place sucks

in memory of
hank & ranger
waynemorgan
hunter

Postby Joel » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:36 pm

Hello my name is JOEL I live just north of Decatur TX Im 35 years old been hunting ducks for about 20yrs and have more shotgun than most people in the county all togather. Im the yougest of ten kids. I have three kids two bird dogs a 4 door truck and a duck boat. Im a FF/Paramedic so I hunt about about 5 days out of a 7 day week.
make sure you scrach my Cooder, tickle my Cricket and feed Jake <thats my pups>
Joel
hunter

Postby GKO » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:12 pm

My name Keith Oertli and I live in Dripping Springs. I have been Duck Hunting now for 3 yrs.

I hunt in Rockport on a private lease. I'm Hooked!

I also spend a lot of time Upland hunting with my GSP Luke.

Hey Waynemorgan, what did you do to get sentanced to living in Pleasanton?

I have Dove leases down there. Beyond that I don't understand what keeps people living there.
GKO
hunter

Next

Return to Texas Duck Hunting