Roll call

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

Postby DoubleBayou » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:28 am

Hey Matt!

Glad you're hooked on quack and honk.

How has your goose hunting gone so far?
DoubleBayou
State Moderator

Postby matt gorman20387 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:20 pm

Duck huntin has been good saw 2 geese sunday they were 200 yards up though.
matt gorman20387
hunter

Hello

Postby lonewolf9029 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:28 pm

Hey guys: My name is Don Straitwell. I live in Houston, Texas and recently bought a place on the San Bernard River just outside of Brazoria. I have been duck/ goose hunting the San Bernard National Wildlife Refuge long before it was a refuge ( we were permit hunters of the land owner). I have been shagging birds down there for 46 yrs, since I was 8 yrs old. Have a 10 yr old lab and just bought a lab pup thats now 3 mos old and in my daily training.
Had a great 2007-2008 season. Never seen so many gaddies :biggrin: . I run a 1651 Polarkraft with a new Yamaha 50hp, all camoed, with every accessorie they sell. Also love to snag those redfish from that area as well. Good luck to all in getting ready for the 2008-2009 season. Don
lonewolf9029
hunter

Postby mrbigtexan » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:43 pm

hey ya'll, my name is Rick Perry, no not the governor, what a cool site you got here! i was referred here by redgun, i have been hunting waterfowl about 13 years, but mostly geese. i live in Dumas, north of Amarillo. i am married to a very understanding wife and have 3 children. i also have 3 labs, one is 11 y.o., one is 9y.o. , and one is 3 y.o. lookin forward to talkin with ya'll
mrbigtexan
hunter

Roll Call

Postby lonewolf9029 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:06 pm

Welcome Rick Perry.Welcome aboard :thumbsup: Don
lonewolf9029
hunter

Postby portahunter » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:35 am

Welcome Aboard. :welcome:
portahunter
hunter

Postby cometdog » Thu May 08, 2008 8:15 pm

Hello all, some of yall know me as COMET on some of the other forums.
Thought I'd come over and give this a look.
cometdog
Newb

Postby No-Tox » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:43 am

cometdog wrote:Hello all, some of yall know me as COMET on some of the other forums.
Thought I'd come over and give this a look.

Look at what the cat drug in.... :welcome:

No-Tox
Always carry a few decoys because you never know when a duck hunt may break out!!!
No-Tox
hunter

Postby greenheadslayer07 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:17 pm

Well hows it goin guys im am brand new to the forum and i am proud to be a new member, i think yall have a great site goin. My name is Chris McAnally. Im from Brownwood, Texas born and raised. I am currently goin to school in College Station home of the fightin Texas Aggies. I am a freshman fixin to be a sophmore and i have been huntin ducks since i was 5. Live, eat, s***, and sleep duck huntin. I have 1- 11 year old brother and my dad Randall and mom Cindy. I not only duck hunt but we have a kennel and my dad trains dogs. We currently have 13 pointer 6 brittanies, 2 german shorthairs, and 6 labs (out of Baldonian Baron of Craighorn which is National Field trial champion from Wildrose Kennels aka Drake the DU dogs original kennel) and he has been trainin and guiding since the late 70's. I love to hunt and fish period and i think that about sums it up for me. :hammer: :lol:
greenheadslayer07
hunter

Location: College Station, Texas Home of the fightin Texas Aggies

Roll Call

Postby lonewolf9029 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:39 pm

Welcome Chris (Greenhead) and No-tox (Comet) to the site. Chris, sounds like you've got a lot of dogs to yack about. Also check out the Hunting dog forum. Some great guys and great trainers/handlers/ and duckers on here.
:welcome: Don
lonewolf9029
hunter

Postby foxtrot » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:34 pm

Hello my name is Cliff
I live in Laredo, Tx. I moved here last year from Portland, Oregon. I have been duck hunting for 2 Years. I have a 3 year old Black lab that does pretty well I think. I am new to Texas so I am looking for any opportunity to go out this season.
"A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way." -Mark Twain
foxtrot
hunter

Postby J Loves Huntin » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:26 pm

My names Jonathan I am from Burleson curently in school in Dallas. I have been duck hunting for three years and goose hunting for one. HAve a Rem 870 Xpress in Camo! :biggrin:
Jesus Saves!!!
Season 2010-2011
2 Specks
1 Dove
J Loves Huntin
hunter

Postby matt gorman20387 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:08 pm

Hi my name is Matt Gorman from Burleson tx thats south of FT.Worth i'm 26 years old, and do most of my hunting on public lands. been duck hunting for 3 years. I just had a good hunting duddy move back "home" to MN. Sounds like a damn tundra if you ask me, but to each his own. The good news is that he is doing some scouting for early goose season there so i might be able to go goose hunting in Sept!!!!! :banger: Looking Forward to another great year with yall.
matt gorman20387
hunter

Postby Sean » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:30 am

Hello everyone, I'm Sean from Bellaire Texas. I'm 17 and a jr in high school. I first went duck hunting 2 years ago with my uncle and loved it. I only get to go about 2 times a year and I go with my cousin up in northern Louisiana at Barksdale AFB. I still have yet to shoot my first duck but hopefully this year will change that. Anything else? Just ask :D
Sean
hunter

Postby PPPETE » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:35 am

Hello.........I'm old but I still enjoy listening to/reading the exploits of waterfowlers.
PPPETE
Newb

Postby MikeP » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:01 pm

Hey everyone, My name is Mike and I have been hunting waterfowl for several years off and on around Baytown. Went on my 1st goose hunt this past year. It was fantastic!!!! The noise from all those snows was just like I had always hoped for and seen on tv. Best of all I shared it with my 15 year old son and wife of 17 years. I hope to repay my cuz for that memory some day. He turned me on to this site. I now live in Mesquite and posted a cry for help in locating some places to go with the family and make some new friends. So thanks for the site and heres to a great but tough season!!! :thumbsup:
MikeP
Newb

Postby sobeit » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:34 pm

Hi my name is Ron Iam form Overton Texas orignley moved to houston about 10 years ago. I ve hunted all my life but went on my frist duck/ goose hunt last season and cant wate to go somemore
sobeit
hunter

Postby duckbuster03 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:13 pm

Folks call me Boudreaux, been bustin ducks and geese for about 15 years now and I'm only 23, havent missed a season. Orginally from down in Brazoria County and I'm now in the Austin area. I don't get to hunt as much as I used to, but I still get out there and give it my best. Hoping to do some good this year but the big storm ruined some of the better hunting areas for me.
If it flies.... It dies!
duckbuster03
hunter

Postby txgreenheadhunter » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:58 pm

hey gentlemen my name is paul been hunting ducks for about 30 years.grew up in dayton hunting the woods for wood ducks,moved to wallisville about 5 yrs ago and been hunting the marsh and wallisville project since.just join this site been a reader for awhile
txgreenheadhunter
Newb

Postby GDonham » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:20 pm

Hello! My name is Genevieve and I live in Liberty Hill (between Georgetown and Burnet). I don't get to hunt much (single mom) but when I do its usually deer or dove. My son is 3 yrs old and hopefully he'll be my hunting and fishing buddy. He loves to be outside and we have horses, chickens and 3 lazy dogs (black lab/rottie, redbone coonhound and italian greyhound) that don't do anything except kill my chickens and eat.

This is the first year I've been duck hunting and I LOVED it and once I recover from buying a new gun and having the old one fixed, I plan on going again! Its also made me think about getting another dog (I need someone to get the birds)

Where are some good places to hunt around here? Last weekend I went to the coast, it was great except for the salt water!
Genevieve
GDonham
hunter

Postby JMac » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:35 pm

My name is Justin and I'm from Linden. I've been duck hunting for about 5 years. It is my drug of choice. I'm married to a wonderful woman that understands my addiction.

I'm a recent graduate of Texas A&M. My wife and I are moving to Texarkana. I can't wait to get back to God's country.

I look forward to hearing what ya'll have to say.

Thanks and Gig 'Em!
JMac
hunter

new to texas

Postby hunterduck6 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:06 pm

Hi my name is Chuck am new to Texas but not to my addiction. Wife has given up on a cure figures I will just die with the duck hunting bug. Sorry I ruffeled some feathers when I was trying to get a little info but now my book from the state had not came , yeaaa its here now and all is good. I use to live in Missouri and hunted with some guys up there and some of you may have seen us on outdoors in the heartland on the outdoor channel. But now home is here in Texas and will be learning just as I did about 25 years ago and thats where to find the birds. Live out near Magnolia, when I was younger hunted anything and everything now am getting older and just hunt the 3d's deer, ducks, & doves there all dumb enough to come to me.
hunterduck
hunterduck6
hunter

Postby andrewlewsfa » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:40 pm

Hi, my name is Andrew. I grew up with my dad and brother duck and deer hunting. About the time I was old enough to duck hunt my dad had a strock and could not hunt at all. So I never got to. when I went off to college in Nacogdoches everything changed. One of my roomates got me hooked. I spent every last minute hunting or fishing. I sometimes would go to class about once a week. I spent every penny I had hunting. I bought everything. I have a twin engine go devil and had a basscat bass boat to fish but I sold it. I teach school now and I spend most of my day wishing I was out there hunting. If the internet was not around for me to look at other peoples hunts I would go crazy.
andrewlewsfa
hunter

Postby mattm25tx » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:38 pm

Names Matt 26yrs old just married no kids 3 dogs 2 labs and a mut. Live in Fate,tx and work on boats for a living grew up on T-wok but have only been huntin a few yrs.
Matts Mobile Marine Service

If your not living life on the edge you are taking up too much room
mattm25tx
hunter

new guy

Postby Jess » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:12 pm

Hey fellas, jess smith, 16, and an asst. guide for third coast outfitters. going to SHS and can't get enough of SNOW GEESE! would really like to get into coastal duck hunting down in POC or rockport....just wanted to say hi! :smile: [/img]
CROAKER SOAKER, & DEAD HORSE BEATER EXTRAORDINARE!!!!!!
Jess
Newb

PreviousNext

Return to Texas Duck Hunting